PDA

View Full Version : 30/60 hand

JasonP530
04-30-2005, 08:35 PM
I wanted to know if I was too agressive or if I could have saved a bet at any point here, or if I played it right. Here are my thoughts on the hand:

Villian is a bad player. When he is winning, he will raise a lot of hands including any two broadway and a lot of aces. He will never give up a pair postflop, but may try to bluff one person out of the pot. He will probably give up if against more than one person. SB and UTG are unknown.

Given his wide range of hands, should I be 3betting preflop? I thought the flop was a good chance for a checkraise, and I would probably be calling down unimproved if he 3 bet and it was HU. The villians cap means either a flush draw(sort of unlikely since I have the A, or a PP above the board(he would cap with 66/77/88 there). I was worried that UTG had flopped a slowplayed FH with 22 or had a 5, but since he wasnt agressive on the flop or even the turn, I kept betting once I hit the ace. Since I wasnt raised on the turn, I thought I had UTG and knew I had the villian. Any thoughts or feedback?

PokerStars 30/60 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with J/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif. CO posts a blind of $30.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 :#A500AF(Villian)/ raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, SB calls, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (9 SB) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Villian bets</font>, SB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Villian 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, UTG calls, Villian calls.

Turn: (10.50 BB) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, Villian calls.

River: (13.50 BB) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, Villian calls.

Final Pot: 16.50 BB

jt1
04-30-2005, 09:13 PM
I'd 3 bet preflop. AFter just calling pre-, You might want to try and build the pot. I don't see how you can save any bets even in position i'd still bet this river

poker1O1
04-30-2005, 09:28 PM
i would also 3bet preflop based on ur villian info to try to get utg out of the hand, but, if you just call preflop, i would also just call on the flop too.

lil feller
04-30-2005, 10:14 PM
What are you putting UTG on, if you don't think he has a 5? I think I might try for a turn c/r here to put some pressure on UTG. Based on your description of the villian, you can probably count on him to bet (if not and we're ahead the free card doesn't really hurt us, but loosing the bets sucks), and then you can force UTG to call 2 cold. If he calls, that would make a passively played 5 a little more likely, or maybe an Ace. He might fold Ak or AQ given all that action (you didn't give a description), and you still get two bets from the villian.

I guess the real issue is whether or not you think villian will check behind on the turn, if he will. I like just how you played it.

lf

BigSkiRace
05-01-2005, 03:29 AM
I think you played it fine...If you wanted to iso 3-bet preflop that would be alright as well. Here I think theres no inbetween your going to be agressive or your going to slow down

Jdanz
05-01-2005, 03:56 AM
what does forcing him to call two cold do? he either is ahead or behind and certainly doesn't have the outs to call one bet if he's drawing, i'd much rather he call one then fold for two.

Also your line opens you up to losing the most when you're behind and winning the least when you're ahead.