PDA

View Full Version : Did I play this okay?

badplayer
04-30-2005, 07:44 PM
I've been told that I'm not aggressive enough. Could this be a problem?
Read: Players seemed typically tight and aggressive, and table has overall VPIP 32%.

I meant to fold this hand pre-flop given the 3-bet, but I accidently hit "call".
With this in mind, how was the rest of my play?

PokerRoom 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: HERO is BB with 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif A/images/graemlins/spade.gif. MP3 posts a blind of $2.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333"> MP1 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, HERO calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 caps</font>, MP1 calls, HERO calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (16.50 SB) J/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
HERO checks, UTG+1 checks, UTG+2 checks, <font color="#CC3333"> MP1 bets</font>, HERO calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls.

Turn: (10.25 BB) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
HERO checks, UTG+1 checks, UTG+2 checks, <font color="#CC3333"> MP1 bets</font>, HERO calls, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds.

River: (12.25 BB) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
HERO checks, MP1 checks.

Final Pot: 12.25 BB

brettbrettr
04-30-2005, 07:47 PM
Agressive is one thing. Calling 2 bets with an easily dominated hand is another. This is a muck, muck, muck preflop.

badplayer
04-30-2005, 07:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Agressive is one thing. Calling 2 bets with an easily dominated hand is another. This is a muck, muck, muck preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you, but I know that. I meant to fold pre-flop.

brimstone1
04-30-2005, 07:58 PM
Post more player-specific reads rather than table stats.
Obvious pre-flop fold, but okay, it was a mistake.
So you hit mid-pair on the flop... and called a bet because...? Fold.
The turn didn't help you and you called a bet because...? Fold.
Why did you check the river? Now you're trying to trap?

Given we have absolutely no idea who these people are, I'll try to ballpark something here.

I'd say either UTG+2 or MP1 has a pocket pair, or both.
So obviously, JJ, and AA screws you infinitely.
Also, some people like to raise with 99 UTG/MP to reduce field.
So thats 3 pocket pairs that screw you.

I mean, really, at least fold on the turn? (folding on the flop is good too).

I mean, on the turn, the only card thats going to help you is another 9, considering one of the two players already has a better A (combined with another A, J, or jacks.)
2 outs.

This is a piss poor hand, the best thing you could've done was folding on the flop, or at least, on the turn.

New001
04-30-2005, 09:39 PM
Assuming he's not against a set already, he has odds to call to his 2-pair and trips outs. I would lead the river and probably call a raise to make sure KK or QQ don't check it through if they get scared.

mr pink
04-30-2005, 09:43 PM
dump this preflop.

given that you didn't, i'd check/raise the flop and lead if called, lead the turn.

please tell me the river was a whiffed check/raise.

mr pink
04-30-2005, 09:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
So you hit mid-pair on the flop... and called a bet because...? Fold.
The turn didn't help you and you called a bet because...? Fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

are you serious? the pot is freaking huge. he should be raising this flop, not calling. and folding should be the last thing on his mind.

DeathDonkey
04-30-2005, 09:46 PM
Agreed but I would always just bet the river.

-DeathDonkey

mr pink
04-30-2005, 09:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Agreed but I would always just bet the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah well, i'd have led the at the turn so it makes the river lead a no brainer.

if i had checked this river, it wouldn't be with the intention of calling /images/graemlins/grin.gif