PDA

View Full Version : TT - HU with overcards + flush draw flop

meep_42
04-30-2005, 07:27 PM
No strong read on UTG -- a bit loose preflop, a bit passive postflop, only 25ish hands on him.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with T/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, UTG calls.

Flop: (5.33 SB) K/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls.

Turn: (3.66 BB) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, Hero checks, planning to at least call the river.

Goot?

-d

Shillx
04-30-2005, 07:31 PM
This looks fine. One of the biggest considerations in this type of hand is the size of the pot. Giving him a free card in a 3.7 BB pot isn't the end of the world, and you would be put in a tough spot if he check/raises you. Make the pot 10 BB and I'm betting here.

Brad

Klepton
04-30-2005, 07:51 PM
i prefer betting here, and calling a check raise, then folding the river unimproved

cassady
04-30-2005, 08:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i prefer betting here, and calling a check raise, then folding the river unimproved

[/ QUOTE ]

If you're checkraise here, it's most likely either a flush, or bluff. If it's a flush, the river can't improve you to a win. If it's a raise, you don't need the river to improve.

toss
04-30-2005, 08:25 PM
What kinda rivers would you call? Are you folding if villain bets on a nonclub river?

meep_42
04-30-2005, 09:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What kinda rivers would you call? Are you folding if villain bets on a nonclub river?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm calling just about any river here, club or not.

-d

Nick C
04-30-2005, 11:26 PM
Yeah, I think I like it. I think there's a pretty good chance you're the one who's drawing here, and I don't think Villain is folding, say, Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif J /images/graemlins/spade.gif either, if you bet.

He might decide to take a stab with 77 or maybe even a busted gutshot or whatnot on a river blank, so I like your plan of calling the river unimproved.

oreogod
04-30-2005, 11:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This looks fine. One of the biggest considerations in this type of hand is the size of the pot. Giving him a free card in a 3.7 BB pot isn't the end of the world, and you would be put in a tough spot if he check/raises you. Make the pot 10 BB and I'm betting here.

Brad

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto.

Big pot I bet for sure, this hand, yeah most likely u will either get check raised, which would suck, or called down by any queen or any club. I prefer betting most times, but in a pot this small is it worth it, and possibly risk getting called down or CR?