PDA

View Full Version : Tunica Horseshoe Sunday

tylerdurden
04-30-2005, 06:44 PM
I'll be at the Horseshoe on Sunday for a few hours, probably in the 10/20 game. I'll be the 6'5" guy with the Alabama sweatshirt on.

CCass
04-30-2005, 11:19 PM
If you are that desperate for clothes, I will send you a few bucks. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

tylerdurden
04-30-2005, 11:58 PM
ni han.

For discussion: Would it be better or worse if it were Alabama the band instead of the school?

JTrout
05-01-2005, 02:01 AM
it would more +EV if it were the band.

trainslayer
05-01-2005, 12:39 PM
I'm for two teams. LSU and whoever's playin Bama.

Here in Arkansas we hava another favorite sayin -

Avoid the rush, hate Texas early. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

tylerdurden
05-01-2005, 10:33 PM
Small trip report -

The temporary room at the Horseshoe is interesting. I sat down at a table right by the temporary wall and got to listen to the jackhammers. Things are running smoother than I thought they would given the conditions.

Met up with d10 and Chipr777; I thought d10 was going to grab a bite to eat with me but when I got to the buffet I turned around and he disappeared, I think he was heading back to get into the afternoon tournament.

Anyway, I was running a little cold; the 10/20 game is crazy, when you're running good it's a gold mine but when you're not it's a bloodbath. Had a couple of flopped sets busted by runner runner flushes, overpairs rivered twice, etc. My TPTK actually held up twice, but overall I finally figured it wasn't going to be my day so I picked up after dropping 15BB and headed over to the Grand to try the pink chip game.

When I got to the Grand the pink game wasn't going but they had a list, so I sat down at the 4/8, thinking the 7.50/15 would go once enough people busted out of the $100 tournament they were running. My first orbit I got AA UTG+1, 4 cold callers and both blinds came along, and I drag a 20BB pot. Thirty minutes later I get AA again UTG but this time I get no callers. I only get 2.5 hours in at the Grand before I had to head home (and the pink game never went /images/graemlins/frown.gif ), but I got back most of what I dropped at the Horseshoe.

On the way out I saw a SPAM video machine. How could I not play something that crazy? I thought $3 would have lasted longer in a penny machine, but oh well.

CCass
05-01-2005, 11:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
it would more +EV if it were the band.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly.

Chipr777
05-01-2005, 11:59 PM
Nice to meet you today. Did you get the link I sent you? Good stuff!

d10
05-02-2005, 01:06 AM
Hey man, it was good to meet you. Sorry I disappeared for lunch, I realized it was going to be just about tourney time by the time I was finished so leaving my chips at the 10/20 table was pointless. Not that I had many chips left anyways. I wasn't having much luck that morning either. AA cracked by quad 5s. Flopped a set early on and the guy to my left flopped a straight and sucked me in pretty good. That guy who hit runner runner nut flush hurt the most. My hand wasn't that great (top pair weak kicker) but I had a great read on that guy. I was almost sure that he was just playing back at me on the turn because I had been such a complete LAG. I should have folded to his raise on the end but I knew my hand was good unless that river helped him, and it was some rag so it couldn't have helped him unless the fact that it put 3 clubs on the board helped him, but with only 1 club on the flop I didn't think he would stick around for a 1-25 shot. But still, after 3 betting the turn, I should have realized that whatever he had was better than my hand. I played like a complete moron today, dropped 35 BBs over no more than 2 hours. I was crushing the game the night before and it's easy to buy pots when everyone's scared to death of playing with you. But when everyone thinks you're a donk or overly aggressive at best it doesn't quite have the same effect. I was just playing horribly all day. When Todd came over and talked to you and I realized you were from 2+2 for the first time I was thinking "Oh crap I just completely embarassed myself in front of a 2+2er. I'll never live this session down." I busted out of both tournaments, so despite a big Saturday night I'm way down for the weekend.