PDA

View Full Version : Datamining SNGs

Voltron87
04-30-2005, 05:54 PM
Ok, so I'm finally giving Pokertracker a real try. I want to use Playerview with it as well. How should I go about datamining SNGs? Do I have to open up the tables? Because that would be cumbersome. What's the plan here?

Blarg
04-30-2005, 06:11 PM
Well, you'll have to monitor the tables, so it won't work as well with SNG's as with ring tables, by far. With ring games, you can open your tables and then wander away for hours or even overnight, and come back to find thousands of hands stored up. With your SNG's, you'll have to manually enter and leave tables constantly.

Note that if you have rakeback calculated the way it usually is, you'll have to keep your mined hands separate from the rakeback account, or your rakeback figures will get all screwed up. Once you've submitted them for the month to your affiliate, though, and/or taken a screenshot if necessary, you could merge your personal and your mined data, though. I keep my datamined stuff separate from my played hands, just to keep things clear and so my personal database doesn't become very quickly so bloated it slows to a crawl.

Note that you can open pokertracker twice, and have your datamined figures and stats available that way while still importing and etc. on your personal hands.

Nottom
04-30-2005, 07:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Note that if you have rakeback calculated the way it usually is, you'll have to keep your mined hands separate from the rakeback account, or your rakeback figures will get all screwed up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fortunately rakeback for SNGs is stupidly easy to calulate so this really shouldn't be a problem even with 1 database.

Freudian
04-30-2005, 07:18 PM
I don't think datamining is that important for SnGs. It takes 10 hands to get a good idea about the tightness of players you haven't met before. And the regulars you quickly get enough hands against.

I don't mind if people do it though. I mostly use Eurobet where it seems you can change your screen name as often as you want.

Nottom
04-30-2005, 07:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
And the regulars you quickly get enough hands against.

[/ QUOTE ]

You must have a different idea of quickly than me.

I have 553 50+5s recorded in PT.
After those I have 9 players that I have played with more than 4 times.

At 30s, I have 141 and 3 opponents.

At the 20s I have 130 and no players.

I'd hardly call any of this fast.

Freudian
04-30-2005, 07:41 PM
Do you really need more than one to get the info you need from PT (providing they don't bust first hand)? The stats don't have the same importance in SnG as in ring games. Basically all you use it for is to place people in general groups.

I definately don't think datamining SnGs is anywhere close to being worth the constant attention you have to pay to your computer while doing it.

Freudian
04-30-2005, 08:39 PM
Btw. I have 180 opponents i have 3 or more tournaments against in 1100 tournaments.

Blarg
04-30-2005, 08:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Note that if you have rakeback calculated the way it usually is, you'll have to keep your mined hands separate from the rakeback account, or your rakeback figures will get all screwed up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fortunately rakeback for SNGs is stupidly easy to calulate so this really shouldn't be a problem even with 1 database.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah. I was really thinking of ring games, where you can really screw yourself for the month even with one accident. SNG's are almost impossible to calculate rakeback incorrectly on.

Blarg
04-30-2005, 08:41 PM
I agree. I continue to be surprised at how few people I see repeatedly at my tables. It's totally different from ring games that way, where I see familiar faces all the time.