PDA

View Full Version : two steal hands?

liucipher
04-30-2005, 03:32 PM
Still confused by pushing to steal.

1.) Blinds were going to 100/200 in two hands, so I figured this would be the last time I'd have any fold equity/decent position. The two blinds were the big stacks but had been somewhat passive (not reraising to win blinds, etc.). Push this mofo? For what it's worth button is autofolding to a raise, since he was only pushing w/ stellar hands and I figured he would call on an even narrower range given his chips.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t100 (7 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

UTG (t1580)
MP1 (t665)
MP2 (t970)
Hero (t595)
Button (t610)
SB (t1535)
BB (t2045)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif.

2.) This one was on the bubble w/ me <3xBB. Should I push this or try to sneak ITM? My only justification for a push would be that the table was being fairly passive (there weren't any definitive chip leaders who were looking to gamble / I don't think I could sneak ITM that easily) and the BB was the only person w/ whom I had any fold equity (he had the amount of chips such that he could walk away from his BB w/o being too desperate and I had enough chips to put a severe dent into his stack if he called). I didn't want to try to push from UTG w/ the chip leader in the BB.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t300 (4 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

BB (t1745)
UTG (t2870)
Hero (t990)
SB (t2395)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls t690.

Flop: (t1140) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Turn: (t1140) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

River: (t1140) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: t1140

DasLeben
04-30-2005, 03:43 PM
Hand 1: According to eastbay's program it's either a push or a fold, depending on their calling ranges. Of course the program can't take into account when the blinds are going to increase, so it's possible that pushing here would be your best bet.

TT+, AQ+: +1.1% (push)
77+, A9+: +0.5% (push)
22+, A2+, KQ, KJs: -0.5% (fold)
22+, A2+, K2+, Q9+: -0.5% (fold)

Hand 2: Considering that BB is about to take a third of your stack, I push here and hope to pick up the blinds. If you get called, just do what I do: suck out. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif