PDA

View Full Version : OT I guess, what's best game for to work off a bonus

microbet
04-30-2005, 02:32 PM
What's the best cash game to work off a bonus whilst 4 tabling SNGs? Looking to grind. Either Omaha or Hold'em, limit, PL or NL. Would think stud would be the wrong game for this.

Or, would you not recommend this and just multi-table cash games instead of mixing games?

Apathy
04-30-2005, 02:37 PM
You do mean ring games right? The answer is clearly 1/2 or 2/4 limit, and invite all the 2+2ers, the pot sizes will get so big that you can clear the bonus in no time.

wuwei
04-30-2005, 02:41 PM
Actually, Stud is a good game to clear bonuses with. I've been playing 1/2 at Party this past week. I think the % of raked pots is higher based on the high ante structure. I don't have any numbers on how much higher the % of raked pots is, but I bet it's substantial.

The only problem I have is that paying attention to dead cards is a bitch in the midst of 4+ tables.

Maulik
04-30-2005, 05:26 PM
don't whore, just play SNGs, silly.

brilliant.

Phil Van Sexton
04-30-2005, 05:32 PM
NL/PL is best because pots get raked starting at $2 (I think limit is raked at $5). I've found the fastest/cheapest is the 50NL 6max tables.

cleinen
04-30-2005, 05:34 PM
I would agree with Phil. I did it at the .50/1. The rake starts at $5. Also they will call with any 2 cards so get ready to take some bad beats.

Corey

microbet
04-30-2005, 06:20 PM
Well, I'm not going to go whoring, but I want to sign up on a new site and I might as well get a bonus.

microbet
04-30-2005, 06:28 PM
That sounds like a pretty big game. I don't mind playing that once in a while, but seems like you would need a pretty big bankroll for that game.

So in the smaller limit tables many hands don't get raked? .5/1 Omaha 8 must get raked most hands.

vindikation
04-30-2005, 06:44 PM
If you are going to do a Party skin bonus then the $25NL is the best way to clear the most amount of hands with the smallest risk of losing money.

I always 4 table the $25NL game and play loose passive and have never lost money clearing a Party skins bonus. I usually clear a little more than 100 raked hands an hour. It will probably clear faster at the $50NL but I don't want to risk that much money clearing a bonus.

There is currently a $200 reload bonus at PokerNOW as well as various $200 new sign up bonuses floating around. The Poker Room and Poker Stars bonuses do not clear nearly as quickly as the Party skins...but...you can use them to play SnG's (which you can't do on the Party skins).

The bonuses are a great way to beef up the bankroll to make a more comfortable jump to the next higher SnG buyin.

wuwei
04-30-2005, 06:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
don't whore, just play SNGs, silly.

brilliant.

[/ QUOTE ]

When you have a 6 day old son, it's a lot easier to play stud games with an ante every hand rather than SNGs where you're stuck at the computer for 45 minute batches /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Sam T.
04-30-2005, 06:56 PM
I agree that the NL tables will clear faster, but since you're only talking about a few hundred hands, a minor down-swing (or a couple of bad beats) can eat into your bonus pretty quick. In hour one of my grind, I lost KK to AA and QQ to AK. Bye-bye $50.

Sam

microbet
04-30-2005, 06:57 PM
Thanks. Too many choices. I'd like to get the bonus with SNGs, but really I just want to be able to play more than 4 tables on Party/Skins so I'll probably not do that.

You play 6-max or full table 25nl?

pokerlaw
04-30-2005, 07:06 PM
I personally think that 4 tabling stud is insane...how are you supposed to even remotely assess the dead cards?

For party reload bonuses, I 3 tabled the .50/$1 the last time i did it - the people suck, so no/little bluffing (I do it after I have a guy playing scared cause of prior pots I miled from him). I made $150 in about 3 hours (420 raked hands to get the $60 bonus = about 700 hands on .50/1), which is a nice poker return for me.

vindikation
04-30-2005, 07:08 PM
I usually play the $25NL full ring. Seems like there is too much variance and I end up paying too much rake in the 6 handed games.

Sounds stupid, but for me the most important thing for me is to not lose money clearing a bonus. If I win money or break even great, but I don't want to lose money. This isn't everyone's strategy, but it's what works best for me when I'm bonus whoring.

raptor517
04-30-2005, 07:13 PM
well, the BEST game is clearly 10-20 6max. however, if yer roll isnt up there for that, any other NL 6max game should suffice. holla

Freudian
04-30-2005, 07:28 PM
The 1/2 limit games turn into rock gardens when there is a bonus. Since this is a PokerNow bonus perhaps there are fewer whoring it though.

I would play 2/4 over 1/2 while clearing a bonus.