PDA

View Full Version : Bottom 2 pair on flop. How's my plan?

QTip
04-30-2005, 01:00 PM
Some time back, The Dude posted that one of my big problems was not thinking ahead. Since then, I've been trying to concentrate on later action. How's my plan here?

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (7 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (4 SB) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, MP2 folds, Hero ??

MP1 was pretty aggressive and about down to the felt. BB is 20/10/2 but knows when it's time to muck.

Here's my thinking.

I decided to just call the flop bet and hope I can keep BB in for one more and then bet out again on the flop hoping BB calls and MP1 raises again.

I did have a question when I was thinking of this though. If BB raises, what should I do? My decision was that if BB called and MP1 raised, I would go ahead and three bet UI. Since my hand is still somewhat vunerable.

What would you do if you caught the full house on the turn?

I decided I would stick with the same plan, but instead smooth call a raise from MP1 and keep BB in it and then bet out on the river.

How's my thinking?

joesbarngrill
04-30-2005, 01:36 PM
Id typically call and raise the turn bet. Nobody is folding a draw if you raise MP1. BB has shown no strength, MP1 could have a pocket pair or queens. I think you call the flop and either raise MP1's turn bet or fold if BB raises a third club.

QTip
04-30-2005, 05:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I decided to just call the flop raise and hope I can keep BB in for one more and then bet out again on the turn (club or not club) hoping BB calls and MP1 raises again.

[/ QUOTE ]

Had to correct this.

27offsooot
04-30-2005, 05:56 PM
yeah, bet/3-bet looks good on turn. If the pot were bigger, I would protect it w/ a c/r, but here I would go for value.

QTip
04-30-2005, 10:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If the pot were bigger, I would protect it w/ a c/r, but here I would go for value.

[/ QUOTE ]

Great point. Always must consider pot size, and honestly, I was thinking about it at that point.