PDA

View Full Version : How badly did I play this?

TheDelChop
04-30-2005, 12:58 PM
Ok in my defense UTG+1 loves to bet and that's why I checked the turn cause I was sure I had the best hand and wanted to checkraise both of them. Once that plan goes out the window should I have bet the river or just check?

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero checks.

Flop: (5.33 SB) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, MP3 folds, Button calls.

Turn: (4.16 BB) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, Button checks.

River: (4.16 BB) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 8.16 BB

smizmiatch
04-30-2005, 04:34 PM
I would have checked the flop because top pair 10 with a 7 kicker and only a backdoor flush draw is pretty damn weak.
The hand changes from there. If it gets checked through on the flop, you would have to bet out the turn. If a bet comes from late position, you can decide whether to check-raise or call to see the turn.
The main thing is that I think betting out the flop is marginal.

JoshuaD
04-30-2005, 05:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I would have checked the flop because top pair 10 with a 7 kicker and only a backdoor flush draw is pretty damn weak.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's weak-tight. His flop bet was standard. I'd continue to bet the turn -- there was nothing on the flop that indicated either of these guys would bet the turn if checked too.

After all that I take your river line.