PDA

View Full Version : Suited aces preflop

Blackwolf
04-30-2005, 12:53 PM
Looks like my postflop play is a bit disoriented... I tend to call raises with Axs but after a few hands I discoverd:
1. If u do flop nut flush u wont get many calls (unless the raiser gets trips and ure racing with his 2to1 to fill up)
2. U need (most of the time) to call a pot size bet on the flop incase u flopped 2 suited (or maybe reraise depends but most SSNLHE players tend to defend their raises)
3. U dont flop flushdraws often enough to make it worth it?

Am I on the right track or am I out of line? I apprechiate all the answers I can get to fix this hole /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

tbach24
04-30-2005, 12:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I tend to call raises with Axs

[/ QUOTE ]

This = not good

spoohunter
04-30-2005, 01:00 PM
Suited aces aren't even really playable in early position for no raise, let alone for a raise.

Suited connectors, on the other hand, with 100BB stacks or bigger, are.

PokerFink
04-30-2005, 01:30 PM
A6s - A9s are pretty much garbage and should not be played out of position or for a raise. I'll limp behind with them in position if other players have limped or open raise with them on the button/in the cutoff, but that's about it.

I'll take A2s - A5s over A8s any day. Wheels are powerful hands because people don't see them coming. Even still, I won't call a raise with them.

beset7
04-30-2005, 06:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
A6s - A9s are pretty much garbage and should not be played out of position or for a raise. I'll limp behind with them in position if other players have limped or open raise with them on the button/in the cutoff, but that's about it.

I'll take A2s - A5s over A8s any day. Wheels are powerful hands because people don't see them coming. Even still, I won't call a raise with them.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm posting my concurrence for no other reason but then to remind myself that this is true. I go back and forth from limit and no limit hold em sometimes and when I switch back to NL i always loose a bunch of big pots with Axs...

ChuckyB
04-30-2005, 06:47 PM
I love Axs in soft games without much pre-flop raising. If I can get in cheap, I'll do so from any position. They can pay off big because, well, the players in those games suck. You need position cheap entry against players who know their stuff.

-Skeme-
04-30-2005, 07:30 PM
Personally I'd call for a new deck.