PDA

View Full Version : Value bet

aslowjoe
04-30-2005, 11:39 AM
BB was a TAG
Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, SB calls.

Flop: (9 SB) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB folds, BB calls.

Turn: (6.50 BB) J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

River: (8.50 BB) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero ?

marand
04-30-2005, 11:48 AM
I would check behind on the river.
The only hand he will pay you with is AK.

Ricardido
04-30-2005, 11:51 AM
I would check behind because if villain had a Q, the river looks like a blank to him and may see you as trying to steal, and would probably call. Just check behind- you never know he may have K8 lol.

mperich
04-30-2005, 07:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Small pairs and other aces wont pay off here?

I bet here and expect it to be decently +ev.

-Mike

marand
04-30-2005, 07:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

-Mike

[/ QUOTE ]

Villian in the hand is a TAG. The SB also called preflop.
I don't think he would get too fancy with weak hands preflop here.

I doubt he has a small pair since he 3-bet preflop. I guess he might have AT or 77 also, but I think it is much more likely that he has a hand better than yours since he did not fold on the turn.

I think you are behind more often than not on the river. But more importantly, I think you are behind more often than not WHEN YOU ARE CALLED on the river.

Against a complete donk I can agree that betting the river might be profitable. Perhaps this is an example where I am weak/tight... not sure /images/graemlins/smile.gif

krishanleong
04-30-2005, 11:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

-Mike

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm with Mike. Bet the river.

The problem with don't bet because you don't have the best hand when you are called is we have the best hand close to all the time based on the action.

Krishan

aslowjoe
05-01-2005, 01:48 AM
Well I did check. BB turned over AK. My guess is he would have called the river. Another value bet lost. Thanks for the reply's.

wrto4556
05-01-2005, 02:00 AM
Anyone call this flop, raise the turn(folding to a 3-bet), and check the river?