PDA

View Full Version : another help me with 5/10 6max post

TStoneMBD
04-30-2005, 07:01 AM
i only have 11k hands logged, but its clear that im doing something wrong. my BB/100 is 1, but it should be higher. the cards ive been getting these last 6k hands are always cracked.

still, after seeing all these stat posts im realizing that im just not equipped at the moment to play the way im supposed to. hopefully this thread will be all i need to kick myself into shape. i think some reassurance on my understanding of the game will do the trick.

my vpip is 22. my pfr is 17.5. my fold bbst is 53. my fold sbst is 85. my attsb is 43. my w$wsf is 41. my agg is 2.7.

these obviously arent enough hands to converge whether these are my true rates or not, but i believe they are close. i am playing very similarly to how i played at 3/6 when the first 4 players folded preflop. my w$sf there was also 40% and my stealattp was also near 40. this was after 80k hands.

one problem that i am having is that stealing with A2-A5o on the button has showed a -ev expectation over my 5/10 stats and 3/6 stats. raising A5o-A6o from the CO is also showing a loss. isolating players with A7o is a loss. KJo shows a loss after 1 limper. so does KTo, QJo, QTo. however, ATo and A9o show profit.

so i have been reluctant to play these hands after limpers lately. however, i see that people are advising limping behind 1 limper with 68s, 67s etc. how can this be? you are also raising limpers with Q8s and such?

how can i get my vpip up? is this what i have to do to increase my BB/100?

my BB/100 was significantly higher, but im now on a 200BB downswing which has caused it to drop this low. the players at 5/10 are horrible and i know this, but i feel that my stats are still too tight and im not sure how to fix it exactly. limping behind limpers with random suited hands like 67s doesnt seem profitable to me, neither does playing QJo. do i need to fold these weak aces when stealing?

edit: for those interested, my steal attp standards are as follows;

CO: Q9o, Q8s, K7s, K9o, A5o, A2s.
BT: A2o, K5s, K8o, Q9o, 78s, 8Ts, JTo.

is this reasonable?

Silverback
04-30-2005, 07:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
rundown, since it is clear that you arent good enough to play many hands, you are right in that you should probably tighten up a little bit more.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your words that you left in another stat post yesterday, quite fitting dont you think.

wuarhg
04-30-2005, 07:28 AM
Dude, 11,000 hands? I was breakeven after 30,000 hands at 5/10 and landed around 2bb/100 at 60,000 hands.

TStoneMBD
04-30-2005, 07:28 AM
i was joking. rundowns previous comment in that thread showed that he found my comments funny. i hope you didnt take that seriously.

TStoneMBD
04-30-2005, 07:29 AM
i know that 11k hands isnt anything, but my vpip is too low and that is what im focussing on here, not my win rate.

helpmeout
04-30-2005, 07:48 AM
Your PFR is too high compared to your VPIP. Personally I think a PFR of 17 is too high for 5/10.

Your ASB is also way too high for 5/10. I dont know what advice you have been reading but ASB of 43 is way too high.

Your aggression is too high.

Aim for 23/15 type stats with 30 ASB.

Anything over 35 ASB at 5/10 is too loose. The blind structure is 1/3 so you dont gain as much when you do steal. The players also know how to defend their blinds as well as being overly loose.

Raising with trash is not the way to win against loose players.

MrTeddyKGB
04-30-2005, 11:53 AM
how many tables are you playing. I 6 table 6 max for 1BB/100 after 60k hands or so. If you play a bunch of tables I don't think the 3 is possible, but I may be wrong. 11,000 k is nothing. It seems strange that your ASB is so high while your vip is so low. Can you post your vip by position. My vip is 26 but my ASB is only 33.

krishanleong
04-30-2005, 12:33 PM
Stop posting stupid [censored] in response to other posters in the forums.

Krishan

Girchuck
04-30-2005, 12:45 PM
Reduce your steal percentage by dropping lower offsuit aces and Q9o, K9o from CO. Don't isolate with A7o, fold it instead. Forget about raising limpers with trashy suited queens and trashy suited connectors, fold them. Never ever limp behind with KTo and QTo.
1BB/100 profit is not bad after 11k hands, if you got a lot of hands cracked and a lot of second best hand confrontations. Losing big pots hurts your win rate in the short run. Overall, your pfr is fine.
Increase vpip by defending blinds a bit more.

ALL1N
04-30-2005, 01:04 PM
Loosenbn up your BB/100 adn this should result in an increased %JMD and a more meaningful DF@SD. Hands such as 21s should be mcuekd preflop so as to improve your image. If you flop a kicker raise to protect your limper, and be sure to make it to texas showdown, for this is the name of the game. Wager $2412 on Judd to win the Brownlow this year, he's a sure thing. Do yourself a favour, and cut that silverbeet dude some slack. Yoyoyuoys more beers

Trix
04-30-2005, 03:01 PM
I dont think loosening more up is gonna help you much here.

Itīs true that the best players in this forum play above vpip 25, but around 20 or even a bit less would be the easiest way to get started in this game coming from 3/6 as it reduce variance and you may not know enough to play the hands for profit.

Talking about EV for specific hands with a 11K hand sample is pretty much a waste of time.

TStoneMBD
04-30-2005, 03:13 PM
the ev samples were from 3/6 blind steals where i averaged 3BB/100 after 80k hands

Trix
04-30-2005, 03:29 PM
I think itīs pretty obvious to all what your winrate was at 3/6 by now..

To add something contructive, Iīd say that you should probably steal less at 5/10 6 than 3/6 ring as people there are more used to it and "better" at handling it.

TStoneMBD
04-30-2005, 03:33 PM
i apologize, and i dont mean to brag. im also not going to disclose anymore personal information like future winrates and such and no more screenshots. i thought i was helping the forum with this stuff but i dont think my help has been appreciated lately.