PDA

View Full Version : I folded a royal flush tonight.........

Shoe
04-30-2005, 03:40 AM
I'm so pissed at myself... it cost me a BIG pot too.... I hit my royal on the turn, and folded instead of rasing.

Unfortunately, it was on gamesgrid so I can't post the hand history. However, I blame their buttons as most sites have their buttons in order of:

1. fold
2. check/call
3. raise

However on games grid, the order is:

1. fold
2. raise
3. check/call

I was going for the top button by instinct, thinking it was raise, then i noticed it was only a call, so i moved my mouse down to raise.... however my dumbass acted too quickly and moved the mouse down too far and folded by mistake. Needless to say, I was extremely pissed with myself. All I can say is i'm glad there was not a high hand jackpot at this site.

Luckily, I managed to win a nice sum tonight, so that eases the pain a bit, however, I would have won at minimum a 10BB pot, plus it would have been capped on the river if the board would have paired as the other guy had a set.

Oh well... just thought I would vent here... i only have myself to blame, feel free to call me an idiot.... just thought i'd share... Hopefully I will be able to look back and laugh on this someday.

Yobz
04-30-2005, 03:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
feel free to call me an idiot....

[/ QUOTE ]

You're such an idiot.

lorinda
04-30-2005, 03:50 AM
You're a member of a pretty exclusive club.

Be proud.

Lori

Shoe
04-30-2005, 03:52 AM
ty... i might have made an online poker first tonight... atleast it wasn't NL or a major tourney or something. I've been running good lately too, hopefully this doesn't put me on tilt (i don't think it will)

lorinda
04-30-2005, 04:04 AM
My guess is that over the next 25 years, you'll get good value out of that fold every time you're at a bar and half-drunk with poker friends.

"I remember the night I folded a royal......."

Lori

Shoe
04-30-2005, 04:07 AM
So true... it is definitely getting good value tomorrow as I go out for my roommates birthday. Hopefully it is $100 well spent.

Yobz
04-30-2005, 04:12 AM
Doesn't Miller talk about folding Royals and how it wouldn't make one hell of a difference if you folded every royal you ever got? /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Shoe
04-30-2005, 04:21 AM
Not sure, i haven't read that. However, it will make a small difference (ever so miniscule) in the long run. Over a million hands, yes, it would be hardly noticable.

Yobz
04-30-2005, 04:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Not sure, i haven't read that. However, it will make a small difference (ever so miniscule) in the long run. Over a million hands, yes, it would be hardly noticable.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think its in the preflop section. Something like, you get royals so few and far between that you shouldn't care about maximizing profit when you get them...you can fold them every time and you can be a winning player, but if you make bad preflop decisions they will add up since you make a PF decision every round...

Reef
04-30-2005, 04:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Doesn't Miller talk about folding Royals and how it wouldn't make one hell of a difference if you folded every royal you ever got? /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

this is only in theory. What about the resulting tilt after?

Also, if you only made 100BB in your lifetime from royals.. well, 100BB is 100BB

Yobz
04-30-2005, 04:31 AM
I'm not gonna argue this point, both are right:
If you play long enough, 100BB should be insignificant, but it is +EV to raise your royal (and EV 0 to fold, prob -EV because of tilt). For 100BB of winnings from royals, btw, you would probably have to have like 5 royals...I have databases which have massive amts of hands an no royals...

Ok, I said I wouldn't argue, but I did...oh well

PuckNPoker
04-30-2005, 04:34 AM
Value folding the nuts, you are one tricky m*****f*****!

GrekeHaus
04-30-2005, 05:05 AM
I was at the table with you when this happened. I thought you were just making stuff up.

memphis57
04-30-2005, 05:14 AM
I told my friend, and she said, "Another royal flush, down the drain."

It might not be funny tomorrow but at 4 am it was pretty funny.

GrekeHaus
04-30-2005, 05:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I told my friend, and she said, "Another royal flush, down the drain."

It might not be funny tomorrow but at 4 am it was pretty funny.

[/ QUOTE ]

Made me laugh. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

edge
04-30-2005, 11:05 AM
I folded AA on the river first to act after the 3-flush hit on the turn and my bet was called (I timed out by mistake while I was thinking about what to do on the river).

I may have check/folded it anyway, but I'm still pretty pissed about that one. That was quite dumb.

SackUp
04-30-2005, 12:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I folded AA on the river first to act after the 3-flush hit on the turn and my bet was called (I timed out by mistake while I was thinking about what to do on the river).

I may have check/folded it anyway, but I'm still pretty pissed about that one. That was quite dumb.

[/ QUOTE ]

How is this hand even closely related?? And C/F HU b/c of 3 flush on the board. I hope you are kidding.

edge
04-30-2005, 12:41 PM
I play NL, so check/folding is not terrible here. It is closely related because it is something dumb that involved a misclick, essentially.

pecto
04-30-2005, 11:23 PM
good laydown!

reubenf
04-30-2005, 11:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hopefully I will be able to look back and laugh on this someday.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm laughing already.

mcozzy1
05-01-2005, 04:04 AM
2 days ago, toward the end of a SNG, I flopped Qs full. I decided to slowplay because I knew this guy would go all-in. When he did go all-in, I accidentally clicked the "fold and show cards" button (this was on UB). He thought he had bluffed me out of the pot with his pocket 9s. Sigh.....

I've also accidentally folded a flopped set of Kings once (years ago before I learned to change my screen resolution and space the games out).

Royal Flush...ouch. You may be the 1st person in poker history to fold a royal. Be proud! Not many people can claim to be the 1st to do anything.

TomBrooks
05-01-2005, 05:30 AM
I folded a straight flush once because I thought I only had a straight and hell was breaking loose on the board, so I was sure I was beat by a flush. The board was all red and I thought I only had four to the flush.

mother_brain
05-01-2005, 11:05 AM
Nobody has mentioned that this would be super-awful if you were on high hand jackpot.