PDA

View Full Version : 88 heads up OOP

wrto4556
04-30-2005, 01:48 AM
Button is loose/passive. (83/9/0.7)

I've seen him call down with TP 5 kicker on a monotone board (none of that suit). I havn't seen him fold preflop the whole session.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>.

Flop: (5.50 SB) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

Turn: (3.75 BB) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

River: (5.75 BB) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 6.75 BB

Anyone not bet the turn?

Azhrarn
04-30-2005, 02:19 AM
I think check/folding the turn is the best play.

It looks like he's not going to fold a pair. If he's a passive player, he's probably not going to semibluff or bluff. So let him tell you whether or net he's beating you.

In fact, considering how bad the flop is, you might want to check/fold the flop. If he's not going to fold a pair or a gutshot, why even bet? Against loose, straightforward players, it's often best to just let the cards speak.

Vivalution
04-30-2005, 02:24 AM
I check/fold the turn. The only draw on the flop is an inside straight draw, I don't think any reasonable opponent would call with just that, unless they had a pair to go with it. They aren't going to fold the turn enough to make this bet profitable in my opinion.

wrto4556
04-30-2005, 02:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
any reasonable opponent would call with just that

[/ QUOTE ]

That's my problem. He's not reasonable. He could be calling with a gut-shot or an under-pair...but how likely is it? Not likely enough to bet the turn and check/fold the river?

wrto4556
04-30-2005, 02:31 AM
I like the idea that he checks anything I beat on the turn...but don't I not want that?

Bah! I argue too much. It's my way of learning...it sounds right to check/fold the turn.

Azhrarn
04-30-2005, 02:45 AM
Think of it this way. Against a calling station, you're probably not going to affect the outcome of the hand, in terms of win/lose. But you can affect the number of bets that go in. Since the board is unfavorable to your hand, you don't want a lot of bets going in. If the board looked favorable, you'd want a lot of bets going in.