PDA

View Full Version : I checkraised preflop, good idea in this hand?

veganmav
04-29-2005, 10:54 PM
Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB caps</font>, BB folds, UTG calls, MP2 calls, Hero calls.
What do you think of that I called and then raised, with lots of opponents, I thought it would be good to get more money in the pot, since I had JTs and that plays very well multi-way?
Flop: (18 SB) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, UTG calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, UTG calls, MP2 calls.

Turn: (13 BB) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, UTG calls, MP2 calls.

River: (17 BB) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>

SB checks, UTG checks, MP2 checks, Hero checks.
I am wondering if I should have bet this river for value? I was worried that maybe I had scared the sb into being passive if he had an overpair.
I am new to hold 'em so Am I thinking about these right?
any insight or advice? I feel like I played the other streets right
Final Pot: 17 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
SB has Ad Kd (high card, ace).
UTG has 8d Ac (one pair, eights).
MP2 has 9h 7s (one pair, sevens).
Hero has Js Ts (one pair, jacks).
Outcome: Hero wins 17 BB. </font>

mtdoak
04-29-2005, 11:22 PM
Check raising preflop is NEVER a good idea in limit poker. Check raising with a hand like J10s is a TERRIBLE idea, IMHO. Think about it, your putting in 3 bets to see a flop with a middle of the road hand. If your going to raise this hand, raise right away to narrow the field. Your just making a big pot and giving people odds to draw out on you IF you hit the flop, that is.

ErrantNight
04-29-2005, 11:58 PM
i think you're going to bust out at 5/10 really quickly like.

and/or you're going to be donating for a long time before you're winning.

private joker
04-30-2005, 12:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Party Poker 5/10

I am new to hold 'em

[/ QUOTE ]

Not wise.

rmarotti
04-30-2005, 04:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Party Poker 5/10

I am new to hold 'em

[/ QUOTE ]

Not wise.

[/ QUOTE ]

edited to add some original content: I played 100K hands of limit poker online before i moved to 5/10, and I still got killed the first time around.

CourtesyFlush
04-30-2005, 01:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Check raising preflop is NEVER a good idea in limit poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

What about limp-reraising AA-KK in EP?

I guess I must be the only one here that doesnt see how his preflop play is so terrible. It is raised back to him with 4 others in the pot, and he reraises to build the pot with a very good multiway hand in position. If this is a mistake it's a very small one.