PDA

View Full Version : Push here or make shorty play the next hand?

Costanza
04-29-2005, 10:28 PM
I think this one is ridiculously easy, but I'm on a slide since I tried moving from PokerStars to Party and I find myself constantly second guessing myself lately. Just wanted to make sure.

Blinds are going up next hand. BB folded to a push from SB on the last round when I folded from the button. My steals from the guy in the SB have been successful so far.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t300 (3 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Hero (t1105)
SB (t840)
BB (t6055)

Preflop: Hero is Button with T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero...

zaphod
04-29-2005, 10:45 PM
I think a bet of 1105 should be enough here.

curtains
04-29-2005, 10:47 PM
Anything but pushing here is completely ridiculous. First place is 3 times as large as 2nd place, you can't sit around playing for second unless it's extreme. Here you have the 5th best hand in holdem!!!

curtains
04-29-2005, 10:48 PM
Note that folding even A2o on the button here would be completely absurd.

(Okay I may have been a bit off about having A2o here, however I would still push as you shuold have plenty of fold equity from the BB. If BB will call any 2 it's probably correct to fold, but most players won't.)

Nottom
04-30-2005, 02:02 AM
This is an incredibly easy push.

I can only think of 4 or maybe 5 hands that might be easier pushes.

zaphod
04-30-2005, 02:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]

I can only think of 4 or maybe 5 hands that might be easier pushes.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol

tjh
04-30-2005, 02:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think this one is ridiculously easy, but I'm on a slide since I tried moving from PokerStars to Party and I find myself constantly second guessing myself lately. Just wanted to make sure.

[/ QUOTE ]

I tried to move from Ultimate Bet to Party and it killed me.Well almost, my bankroll and morale suffered. I worked off my bonus and came back home at the next UB reload bonus.

So yes Party can be an adjustment. I found the 20 player SNG with more chips to be more reasonable.

Good luck

--
tjh

ilya
04-30-2005, 03:30 AM
You are right, this is ridiculously easy. push.