PDA

View Full Version : Game Selection For Party

Jazza
04-29-2005, 09:40 PM
every time i start playing i search the 100NL for tables with pot size>25, sign up for all the waiting lists, and evenutally am 4-tabling

however i'm too lazy to keep swicthing bad tables for good tables and end up staying at these same tables for hours, are you guys constantly searching for the best tables?

also, if i plan on playing about 4 hours a day, what are the best 4 hours of the day to play in your experience?

Tboner7
04-29-2005, 09:51 PM
I stay until it fills up with sharks. I play 6 max only. So about 3 sharks and I'm out. Except this one table I was at today, there were 3, but there was a really huge fish with a giant stack that I was just waiting for. Got a couple pots, but never got the big one, before she left.

beset7
04-29-2005, 10:02 PM
Jazza,

I've been experimenting lately with checking out 3 or 4 handed tables with sort of avg pot sizes. What happens with the big pot tables is that everyone signs up on the waiting list, the real whales leave and the spots fill up with half decent (but still bad) players.

I've had some luck lately with this new strategy.

And about switching tables: As long as there is still one real donk in the game then I stay. If all 5 players are mediocre to decent I'm ghost.

Also, don't underestimate the power of the buddy list. Create a collection of people who just hemmorage money and sit with them. That's the great thing about 6max as opposed to full-ring, the odds of playing HU with the sucker with playable cards is higher.

EDIT: I just realized you didn't say you played 6max. Ignore me.

zaxx19
04-29-2005, 10:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
however i'm too lazy to keep swicthing bad tables for good tables and end up staying at these same tables for hours, are you guys constantly searching for the best tables?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you use Gametime+(and yu should) it will become pretty clear when the table is drying up(look at the table stats and for when the bad players are leaving).btw I only play full tables and hey yu cant constantly be swtiching...just recognize when the tables has "rocked up" see your free flops aand sit out the next time the blinds come around.