PDA

View Full Version : Negreanu v. Sklansky: Who wins Nobel Prize first?

Equal
04-29-2005, 09:21 PM

reubenf
04-29-2005, 09:23 PM
I don't believe in snowballs.

Mason Malmuth
04-30-2005, 07:24 AM
Hi Equal:

This one's real easy. One of our requirements to be part of the Two Plus Two team is the ability to win a nobel prize. Notice that only one of your two candidates is an official Two Plus Twoer.

Best wishes,
Mason

Grisgra
04-30-2005, 02:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hi Equal:

This one's real easy. One of our requirements to be part of the Two Plus Two team is the ability to win a nobel prize. Notice that only one of your two candidates is an official Two Plus Twoer.

Best wishes,
Mason

[/ QUOTE ]

Tsk tsk /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

"If A, then B" /= "If Not A, then Not B"

sirio11
04-30-2005, 03:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hi Equal:

Best wishes,
Mason

[/ QUOTE ]

Then I guess if the poll is between David Sklansky and David Gross from the Kavli Institute for Theoretical Physics, the answer is the same, since David Gross is not a 2+2er.

cwsiggy
04-30-2005, 06:25 PM
Bono will win one way before either of them!!! So there!

Mason Malmuth
05-01-2005, 06:45 AM
Hi sirio11:

We have high standards. The ability to win a Nobel Prize is only part of our requirements.

best wishes,
mason

That guy
05-01-2005, 10:42 AM
Clarkmeister is ahead of both these donks.

Mason Malmuth
05-01-2005, 08:15 PM
Hi Everyone:

I just want to point out one other thing. If someone came along with a really terrific poker book that they wanted us to publish and it would be a for sure terrific seller, but they weren't capable of winning a Nobel, we would have no choice but to inform them that we have our standards.

Best wishes,
Mason

pancakes
05-01-2005, 09:00 PM
In guess winning poker tournaments and competing at the highest levels are not part of your requirements to being a two + twoer, but as long as you know your estimated value in your 10-20 stud hi-lo game you are ok,

Mason Malmuth
05-01-2005, 10:15 PM
Hi pancakes:

Harrington on Hold 'em; Expert Strategy for No Limit Tournaments; Volume I: Strategic Play

Harrington on Hold 'em; Expert Strategy for No Limit Tournaments; Volume II: Endplay

Harrington on Hold 'em; Expert Strategy for No Limit Tournaments; Volume III: The Workbook

That should answer your concerns.

Best wishes,
Mason

Equal
05-02-2005, 12:28 AM
lol Mason, you are hilarious.

I can retire now, MM actually responded to one of my posts! /images/graemlins/smile.gif Now if I can only trap the elusive DS.

SeppDeitrich
05-02-2005, 01:16 AM
Mason:

Is this why 2+2 did not publish "Play Poker Like the Pros" by Phil Hellmuth?

Thanks,
Mark

sirio11
05-02-2005, 01:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Hi sirio11:

We have high standards. The ability to win a Nobel Prize is only part of our requirements.

best wishes,
mason

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Mason Malmuth:

What about the ability to win a Fields Medal?

Mason Malmuth
05-02-2005, 04:38 AM
Hi SeppDeitrich:

Well the book wasn't offered to us. But if it was I don't think we would have ever inquired if Hellmuth has Nobel Prize winning ability. This is actually one of the last things that we do because we only need to know this information if we like the book.

Best wishes,
Mason

Apathy
05-02-2005, 04:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Hi SeppDeitrich:

Well the book wasn't offered to us. But if it was I don't think we would have ever inquired if Hellmuth has Nobel Prize winning ability. This is actually one of the last things that we do because we only need to know this information if we like the book.

Best wishes,
Mason

[/ QUOTE ]

OH SNAP!

Cyrus
05-02-2005, 08:51 AM
Hi Sepp,

Thanks for the thoughtful input.

Just one question, though. Why would anyone use as a handle the name of a well-known German officer of the S.S. (http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/biography/Dietrich.html) ?

Is that your real name or are you just glad to see it ?

Regards,

Cyrus

toots
05-02-2005, 11:04 AM
Hey, if there were a nobel prize for internet name calling and character assassination, there'd be no contest.

MonkeeMan
05-02-2005, 11:51 AM
Daniel has the better chance at winning the more prestigous daytime Emmy.

Mike Gallo
05-02-2005, 08:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hi Everyone:

I just want to point out one other thing. If someone came along with a really terrific poker book that they wanted us to publish and it would be a for sure terrific seller, but they weren't capable of winning a Nobel, we would have no choice but to inform them that we have our standards.

Best wishes,
Mason

[/ QUOTE ]

Mason,

I really can appreciate your dry sence of humor.

Ni han sir /images/graemlins/tongue.gif