PDA

View Full Version : The Story of My Week

Jaden
04-29-2005, 08:45 PM
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, Button calls, SB calls.

Flop: (12 SB) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, MP3 calls, Button calls, SB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls, MP3 calls, Button calls.

Turn: (11 BB) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 caps</font>, Button calls, Hero calls.

River: (23 BB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button folds, MP3 (all in).

Final Pot: 24 BB

Looks great, right?.....Well that is until MP3 shows pocket 2's to make quads. Unfreakinbelievable.

shadow29
04-29-2005, 08:49 PM
Raising yourself on the flop rocks.

toss
04-29-2005, 08:49 PM
We see posts like these all the time. I'm sorry, but none of us like these kind of posts. Post hands that you have questions about or will generate discussion.

JoshuaD
04-29-2005, 08:50 PM
HOLY [censored] I'VE NEVER SEEN THAT BEFORE. THAT SUCKS SO MUCH DUDE.

shant
04-29-2005, 08:56 PM
Cue the jason_t care bear...

Jaden
04-29-2005, 09:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Raising yourself on the flop rocks.

[/ QUOTE ]
LOL, actually it was a reraise - the hand history did not convert correctly.

[ QUOTE ]
We see posts like these all the time. I'm sorry, but none of us like these kind of posts. Post hands that you have questions about or will generate discussion.

[/ QUOTE ]
Sorry...I just haven't had a bad beat like this in a long time, I guess I just needed to vent. I apologize for cluttering the board.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Tell me about it man. To make matters worse, the player to my immediate right won the previous hand with a full house, aces full of twos (and was dealt pocket As).

Eurotrash
04-29-2005, 09:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Tell me about it man. To make matters worse, the player to my immediate right won the previous hand with a full house, aces full of twos (and was dealt pocket As).

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you miss the point here. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

chesspain
04-29-2005, 09:39 PM
Is it my imagination, or have at least fifty percent of the freakin noobs in the past month begun their posting careers here with bad beat posts?

Eurotrash
04-29-2005, 09:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, Button calls, SB calls.

Flop: (12 SB) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, MP3 calls, Button calls, SB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls, MP3 calls, Button calls.

Turn: (11 BB) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 caps</font>, Button calls, Hero calls.

River: (23 BB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button folds, MP3 (all in).

Final Pot: 24 BB

Looks great, right?.....Well that is until MP3 shows pocket 2's to make quads. Unfreakinbelievable.

[/ QUOTE ]

um, looks great? no.

When he puts in the turn cap you're obviously beaten. You have to find a fold there.

Piiop
04-29-2005, 09:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Is it my imagination, or have at least fifty percent of the freakin noobs in the past month begun their posting careers here with bad beat posts?

[/ QUOTE ]

Clearly, you are imagining. There are no noobs.

SA125
04-29-2005, 09:59 PM
I've had quads and lost to a str fl on the river where the old guy didn't raise me because all he thought he had was a fl. No one wants to hear a beat story unless it's funny. Like when I witnessed another old guy check a river with QTh because "I guess we're chopping" a str with AKJh out. Poor old fool got his first Royal and didn't even know it. Looked around for a rock to crawl under in the Taj, but couldn't find one.

Jaden
04-29-2005, 10:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you miss the point here. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

No I'm not missing the point. I realize he was being sarcastic, and that this sort of thing happens to everyone all the time.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks, but I'm not a freakin noob.

[ QUOTE ]

um, looks great? no.

When he puts in the turn cap you're obviously beaten. You have to find a fold there.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're suggesting I fold the nut boat against heavy betting from a short stack? Yeah, OK.

Anyway, whatever I apologize for wasting everyone's time for posting another useless, unentertaining bad beat story. I was just trying to vent my frustration. However, there's no need for everyone to be so freaking rude and condescending.

JoshuaD
04-29-2005, 10:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
However, there's no need for everyone to be so freaking rude and condescending.

[/ QUOTE ]

And there's no need to post this pretty mundane beat on a poker strategy forum.