PDA

View Full Version : Quadruple Barrel

sthief09
04-29-2005, 08:42 PM
UTG seemed semi-tight and semi-aggressive over ~100 hands

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls, MP calls, CO calls, Button calls, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls, MP calls, CO calls, Button calls, SB calls.

Flop: (12 SB) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, MP calls, CO calls, Button folds, SB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, MP folds, CO folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, UTG calls.

Turn: (11 BB) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls.

River: (13 BB) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>

sthief09
04-29-2005, 09:06 PM
one time

DrGutshot
04-29-2005, 09:16 PM
don't cap the flop...no point out of position, I like the c/r though. If he's calling the cap and the turn, he is never ever folding this river, don't bother betting it.

edit: I guess you're trying to fold something like Kc8, or Ac8, and that's read based. If you thought he would fold it enough, then sure bet. I don't know if he was this type of player or not. IMO though, this would basically never happen.

-DrG

sthief09
04-29-2005, 09:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
don't cap the flop...no point out of position, I like the c/r though. If he's calling the cap and the turn, he is never ever folding this river, don't bother betting it.

-DrG

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought capping the flop gave me semibluff value. there are a lot of draws on the board and I want to be the one pushing him off his busted draw on the river, not vice versa. I agree with the river. I get carried away in those spots when the pot gets so big.

DrGutshot
04-29-2005, 09:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

-DrG

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought capping the flop gave me semibluff value. there are a lot of draws on the board and I want to be the one pushing him off his busted draw on the river, not vice versa. I agree with the river. I get carried away in those spots when the pot gets so big.

[/ QUOTE ]

psh, typical princeton attitude /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

go red and blue.

-DrG

sthief09
04-29-2005, 09:23 PM
pfff [censored] Princeton

DrGutshot
04-29-2005, 09:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought you went to princeton? Was that just Evan/whoever else was at AC that time?

my bad if you don't go there.

-DrG

Entity
04-29-2005, 09:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought you went to princeton? Was that just Evan/whoever else was at AC that time?

-DrG

[/ QUOTE ]

I think scrub goes there. Evan and Josh go to Columbia and NYU or some other godawfully expensive schools.

DrGutshot
04-29-2005, 09:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

-DrG

[/ QUOTE ]

I think scrub goes there. Evan and Josh go to Columbia and NYU or some other godawfully expensive schools.

[/ QUOTE ]

right right, forgot about that. nh. even though i can't say penn is any cheaper /images/graemlins/frown.gif /images/graemlins/mad.gif

-DrG

sthief09
04-29-2005, 09:30 PM
midget runts go to NYU. normal people go to Columbia

NLSoldier
04-29-2005, 09:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
midget runts go to NYU. normal people go to Columbia

[/ QUOTE ]

NH.

Chris Daddy Cool
04-29-2005, 09:44 PM
your quadroople barrel bluff shoulda been a triple barrel and a consession of defeat

Entity
04-29-2005, 09:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
your quadroople barrel bluff shoulda been a triple barrel and a consession of defeat

[/ QUOTE ]

Goddamn that avatar is distracting. Is that your sister?

Trix
04-29-2005, 10:20 PM
I´m not sure why you check the flop really, I´d just bet if I didn´t have some idea about who would bet.

CR is fine ofcourse for value/deception when you can get the field, but it should be rather obvious what you are representing, so I dont think you should like his 3bet. I´d just call and try to hit from that point.

Nate tha' Great
04-29-2005, 10:35 PM
You should be more inclined to follow-thru on the river when a third flush card comes on the turn, for reasons that should be pretty self-evident.

MAxx
04-29-2005, 11:29 PM
The LAG is back in the building. Can you please bring the Dave Chappel Avator back. I liked it more when i got my poker advice from Tyrone Biggums.

TStoneMBD
04-30-2005, 04:04 AM
looks good. i really think you have to fire another bet on the river getting 11:1. its quite possible that villain has a hand like 65 that he will bluff the pot with or an 8 with a club that he is going to fold for 1 more bet.

Surfbullet
04-30-2005, 05:35 AM
Maybe this is the reason I don't win as much as some - I rarely if ever make plays like this, I just give up on the river...

Anyway, here's what I'm thinking, having more than 10sec to decide what to do:

This is 5/10, right? I don't see tightish players 3betting a flop like this with less than an 8 as made hands go, or obviously a decent draw. Now, the flush draw (and most likely candidate) gets there on the turn. Okay, we bet, and find out he doesn't have it - I don't see him ever failing to raise it after the flop action.

Now, the river brings in the OESD for 56. Possible busted draws remaining: 69 and 9T.
He'll fold 69 and 9T...but we beat 69 already, and 9T chops so we're only earning ourselves the extra half of the pot....while every single made hand he could possibly have that makes it this far is going to call.

I don't think these guys fold an 8 on the river here, ever. If he's got 55 and he's come this far, he's going to showdown. Am I missing something?

Surf

Surfbullet
04-30-2005, 05:35 AM
65 has a straight on the river.

Surf