PDA

View Full Version : Guesses of The Week

MichaelD
11-17-2002, 06:51 AM
Ok all,

Here are my guesses of the week. I will restate that I am new to this and certainly no expert so I sure would not be betting the rent money with my picks. I think it is a tough week but here goes. /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

Miami -4.5 (1 unit)

I have liked this game all week, but not enough to play 2 units. Even though Miami has lost three straight against the spread, they are 9-2 against the spread the last eleven games against losing teams.

Baltimore at Miami Over 35 (1 unit)

Even though the last three meetings have gone under and the under is 8-2 in the Dolphins last ten November games, I like the over. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif I think the defenses account for or play a big part in at least three scores and the offenses take care of the rest. I am going to go against the trend here and although I liked it a lot better at 34.5, I will still play it at 35.

Carolina at Tampa Bay Over 35 (1 unit)

Another where the under has been a recent pattern. It is 6-2 in the last Bucs eight overall and 6-1 in Carolina last seven overall. I am going against the trend again. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Good luck to everyone...

Michael D.

MichaelD
11-17-2002, 07:02 AM
Ok all,

On a side note, I wanted to mention a few thoughts on a couple of other games.

Dallas at Indy

I liked Indy -7 and the under in this game but just could not play the game due to a few too many inconsistencies for my tastes.

Arizona at Philadelphia

I like Philly and the over but again too many inconsistencies for me to play the game.

Although I am 99% sure I will not play these I will track them closely. I just figured I would share them and see what would have happened.

Good Luck to everyone...

Michael D.

scalf
11-17-2002, 09:31 PM
/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif nice call on the fins...totals, tho, we used to say...but no longer true...bet the over games over, bet the under games under...gl

MichaelD
11-17-2002, 11:35 PM
Thanks Scalf - good advice. I think I will stay mostly away from over/under games. I seem to be doing ok with the exception of the over/under calls. Wish I had the guts to go 2 units on the Dolphins. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

I placed a wager on Oakland at -4.5 tonight. Looking good so far at halftime. Fingers crossed.

Michael D.

11-18-2002, 09:23 PM
Why didn't you pick the Vikings No guessing there.