PDA

View Full Version : QTs - standard?

JoshuaD
04-29-2005, 08:06 PM
I've got a really weak read (8 hands, none I remember) as the villian being 62.5/12/0.8. Take it for what it's worth.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (7 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with T/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, CO calls, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, Hero calls, CO calls, Button calls.

Flop: (8 SB) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, CO folds, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (6.50 BB) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, Button calls.

River: (14.50 BB) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets, calling a raise</font>....

Final Pot: 16.50 BB

Anyone slow down earlier or 3-bet the river?

I've just started trying to slow down on the flop in these small pots, so this hand is a little unfamiliar to me.

PokerSparky
04-29-2005, 08:11 PM
FWIW, I would have played it the same. That doesn't deem it standard though.

New001
04-29-2005, 08:11 PM
Why not raise the flop the first time it comes around?

brazilio
04-29-2005, 08:14 PM
I really don't like giving a free card to a flush draw here, am I the only one who doesn't like a checkraise on that turn? I can't figure out how I'd stop-n-go the turn while doing something different on the flop, perhaps an initial raise. A call/3-bet is lame, and I don't even consider that an option.

JoshuaD
04-29-2005, 08:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Why not raise the flop the first time it comes around?

[/ QUOTE ]

That's the line I'm trying to get away from in small pots. Just calling here might cost me the pot once in a while, but I think it nets me more $$ in the long run.

If I wasn't clear there, it's to keep the guys behind me around to pay off my trips.

pokerstudAA
04-29-2005, 08:21 PM
What type of hand do you think the button limped and then raised that flop? Two spades? QKo? QJ? 88?

A /images/graemlins/spade.gif X /images/graemlins/spade.gif seems possible. And Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif J /images/graemlins/heart.gif or Q better kicker than your ten. I might not rule out 55 either.

Once hero check raises the turn he is representing the queen. Button doesnt give a crap. Mabye he has A /images/graemlins/spade.gif 3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif and has outs or possibly he is way ahead.

After that turn - I think check call that river or bet and simply call a raise. I certainly do not think 3-betting a river raise makes sense.

jnalpak
04-29-2005, 08:29 PM
FWIW i bet into that pot

If its raised back to you would you cap?

New001
04-29-2005, 08:49 PM
I either cap or call and lead the turn. Either way, I'm not going to try for a check/raise on the turn, I really don't want it to check through if someone just wants a free card.

Fnord
04-29-2005, 09:13 PM
The hero showed massive strength by smooth calling the flop then c/ring the turn. How often do you think a worse hand 3-bets his turn c/r?