PDA

View Full Version : this is america?

Popinjay
04-29-2005, 06:54 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/burrito_lockdown

CLOVIS, N.M. - A call about a possible weapon at a middle school prompted police to put armed officers on rooftops, close nearby streets and lock down the school. All over a giant burrito.

Someone called authorities Thursday after seeing a boy carrying something long and wrapped into Marshall Junior High.

The drama ended two hours later when the suspicious item was identified as a 30-inch burrito filled with steak, guacamole, lettuce, salsa and jalapenos and wrapped inside tin foil and a white T-shirt.

"I didn't know whether to laugh or cry," school Principal Diana Russell said.

kerssens
04-29-2005, 06:56 PM
30 inch burrito??!!??...I'll skip the obligatory joke about bombs and burritos.

tbach24
04-29-2005, 06:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
30-inch burrito filled with steak, guacamole, lettuce, salsa and jalapenos

[/ QUOTE ]

Holy crap

daryn
04-29-2005, 06:57 PM
not surprising when you consider several schools have been shot up. 30 inch burrito? i bet he was carrying it as you'd carry a shotgun. imagine if it was a shotgun and he blew some kids away.. then the guy watching came out and was like, "yeah i was gonna stop him but i figured it was just a 30 inch burrito"

tbach24
04-29-2005, 06:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
"yeah i was gonna stop him but i figured it was just a 30 inch burrito"

[/ QUOTE ]

This thread already has made me laugh twice. Good points tho daryn

Popinjay
04-29-2005, 06:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
not surprising when you consider several schools have been shot up. 30 inch burrito? i bet he was carrying it as you'd carry a shotgun. imagine if it was a shotgun and he blew some kids away.. then the guy watching came out and was like, "yeah i was gonna stop him but i figured it was just a 30 inch burrito"

[/ QUOTE ]

that sounds reasonable but then again it doesn't

daryn
04-29-2005, 06:59 PM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In risposta di:</font><hr />
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In risposta di:</font><hr />

[/ QUOTE ]

that sounds reasonable but then again it doesn't

[/ QUOTE ]

precisely. that's the kind of stuff that happens when you have something as unreasonable as schools getting shot up in the first place.

SpearsBritney
04-29-2005, 07:02 PM
...and then the boy with the 30 inch burrito was shot and killed by a stundent wielding a shotgun.

Eurotrash
04-29-2005, 07:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The burrito was part of Morrissey's extra-credit assignment to create commercial advertising for a product.

"We had to make up a product and it could have been anything. I made up a restaurant that specialized in oddly large burritos," Morrissey said.

[/ QUOTE ]

at least if this restaurant gets off the ground we'll have something to replace all the Chipotle posts.

Blarg
04-29-2005, 08:01 PM
Americans love violence, and police love going paramilitary and getting to play with their toys. I'm glad no one got shot, and hope burritos haven't been criminalized yet.

jakethebake
04-29-2005, 09:31 PM
Now I'm hungry.