PDA

View Full Version : Did I play this wrong?

kiffl
04-29-2005, 06:53 PM
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

MP ($76.4)
Button ($28.4)
SB ($7.5)
BB ($28.4)
Hero ($25.6)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif. SB posts a blind of $0.1.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $0.75</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, BB calls $0.50.

Flop: ($1.60) A/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $2</font>, BB calls $2.

Turn: ($5.60) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $4</font>, BB calls $4.

River: ($13.60) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, BB calls $18.85.

Final Pot: $32.45

I put him on a flush draw and made it incorrect for him to call the turn bet. Can I really think that 6 helps him? I also have a very LAG image and figured any Ace would call on the end, thats why I shoved.

-Skeme-
04-29-2005, 07:00 PM
Preflop is fine. Not sure why you overbet the flop. I think $1 would do the trick. $4 works on the turn. River, I don't like. If he missed his flush he's not calling you. A weak Ace is probably not calling. Basically, I don't think a whole lot is calling here that you're ahead of. I'd rather value bet $8 or something.

theweatherman
04-29-2005, 07:15 PM
Id raise more preflop, especially out of position, so as to help define the villians hand a little better. The flop looks good, but id probably bet closer to the pot on the turn.

It looks like the converter botched the hand a bit and didnt show your push allin but i got the jist.

I would push here most every time. However I believe that this may have become a serious leak for me. This could be a made hand like a set or AJ, A6 who isnt worried about the flush since you are betting. This is a slim possiblility but just something to keep in your mind.

In all I think id play this line 99% of the time.

TrailofTears
04-30-2005, 01:14 AM
A value bet of 2/3-3/4 pot is better than a push on the river. Your push might fold out worse hand, but will certainly be called by better ones. A smaller bet won't likely be raised by an Ax two pair, but Ax one pair will call.

-Trail