PDA

View Full Version : To all those women who like to swallow...

Aytumious
04-29-2005, 06:15 PM
Great News!! (http://www.newscientist.com/article.ns?id=dn2457)

SpearsBritney
04-29-2005, 06:47 PM
These findings probably have more to do with the personality type(s) that would or would not use a condom, than some sort of chemical reaction to semen. A woman who is more likely to use a condom is probably a more careful and cautious person than someone who would opt not to use one. And in my own experience, the more careful and cautious I tend to be, the less laid back and happy I am. Even if it is the man in the relationship who pushes the condom, there is a good chance that he is careful and cautious and not as laid back as someone who would not, thereby also increasing the chance that he is not as exciting to be around, thus having an effect on the woman's mood.

There is also the possibility that couples that are very fond of one and other (who on average have a greater sense of well-being)are more likely to engage in unprotected sex than people who are just in it for the sex itself.

There then comes my last conclusion which is; that a girl who is not very appealling to the opposite sex (and thus more likely to have low self-esteem) would be less likely to have unprotected sex than a very attractive girl. This statement may very well indeed be ignorant, but I am speaking from my own point of view that I myself would be more inclined to rawdog a smokin' hot chick than a slightly above average girl.

I think this study is rather pointless as there is hardly a convincing way to determine the cause from the effect.

P.S. I found this very bizzare (and funny):
"I understand that among some gay males who have anal intercourse, it is not uncommon to attempt to retain the semen for extended periods of time,"

wacki
04-29-2005, 06:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Great News!! (http://www.newscientist.com/article.ns?id=dn2457)

[/ QUOTE ]

semen = antidepressant?? That's awesome.

Rotating Rabbit
04-29-2005, 06:59 PM
...ok but its not the first survey thats concluded this.

and:

"What's more, the longer the interval since they last had sex, the more depressed the women who never or sometimes used condoms got. But the time since the last sexual encounter made no difference to the mood of women who usually or always used condoms."

How do you explain that?

SpearsBritney
04-29-2005, 07:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
...ok but its not the first survey thats concluded this.

and:

"What's more, the longer the interval since they last had sex, the more depressed the women who never or sometimes used condoms got. But the time since the last sexual encounter made no difference to the mood of women who usually or always used condoms."

How do you explain that?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because the fat ugly bitch who no guy would touch without a rubber is probably morbidly depressed to begin with, so the long periods without sex have no real effect on her already miserable state.

OtisTheMarsupial
04-29-2005, 07:43 PM
From the study report:
"The team found that women whose partners never used condoms scored 8 on average, those who sometimes used them scored 10.5, those who usually used them scored 15 and those who always used them scored 11.3. Women who weren't having sex at all scored 13.5."

small sample sizes:
1st study= 293 female students
2nd study= 700 women

It should also be noted that the Beck Deression Inventory scores like this:
63 total points possible
0-13 = normal/ minimal
14-19 = mild depression
20-28 = moderate depression
29-63 = severe depression

This study is 2-3 years old.

A conclusion that semen is happy juice is pretty far fetched.

peachy
04-29-2005, 07:53 PM
until 100s of studies prove this its total BS

thier happiness could be because the mans not whining about wearing a condom (causes fighting, tension, unease - UNHAPPINESS!!)...i opt for no condom soley because of this fact - which duh - makes sex better

SpearsBritney
04-29-2005, 07:54 PM
I guess the only way to truley prove this is to take a very large sample size of sexless women and line there vaginas with man goo.
(Although it's possible they might enjoy that, skewing the results.)

gorie
04-29-2005, 08:03 PM
i'm feeling a little sad. where can i find semen in pill form ?

SpearsBritney
04-29-2005, 08:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i'm feeling a little sad. where can i find semen in pill form ?

[/ QUOTE ]

The form you usually take it in should be fine /images/graemlins/grin.gif

gorie
04-29-2005, 08:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The form you usually take it in should be fine /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
i don't think you understand my problem !

Blarg
04-29-2005, 09:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
These findings probably have more to do with the personality type(s) that would or would not use a condom, than some sort of chemical reaction to semen. A woman who is more likely to use a condom is probably a more careful and cautious person than someone who would opt not to use one. And in my own experience, the more careful and cautious I tend to be, the less laid back and happy I am. Even if it is the man in the relationship who pushes the condom, there is a good chance that he is careful and cautious and not as laid back as someone who would not, thereby also increasing the chance that he is not as exciting to be around, thus having an effect on the woman's mood.

There is also the possibility that couples that are very fond of one and other (who on average have a greater sense of well-being)are more likely to engage in unprotected sex than people who are just in it for the sex itself.

There then comes my last conclusion which is; that a girl who is not very appealling to the opposite sex (and thus more likely to have low self-esteem) would be less likely to have unprotected sex than a very attractive girl. This statement may very well indeed be ignorant, but I am speaking from my own point of view that I myself would be more inclined to rawdog a smokin' hot chick than a slightly above average girl.

I think this study is rather pointless as there is hardly a convincing way to determine the cause from the effect.

"I understand that among some gay males who have anal intercourse, it is not uncommon to attempt to retain the semen for extended periods of time,"

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that's a very cornball and trivial understanding of people and their sexuality. It sounds like ideas formed from watching too many "hip" t.v. commercials or from the furtive fumbling sex of really young people who don't know what they're doing or who they are yet.

Being able to do a very moderate amount of thinking, or thinking ahead, doesn't make you any less passionate and warm. Being confident and smoothly in control can soothe your partner and make her feel good, and be a turn-on of its own. Jumping around like a jackrabbit or simply ignoring precautions doesn't make you "hot" or spontaneous or anything; it coul mean you're passionate, but it also can just means you're dumb or desperate or inexperienced.

I guess it's like when you're a kid, all you want to eat is sugar cubes, and when you grow up, you realize food is a lot more fun than that.

Blarg
04-29-2005, 09:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
From the study report:
"The team found that women whose partners never used condoms scored 8 on average, those who sometimes used them scored 10.5, those who usually used them scored 15 and those who always used them scored 11.3. Women who weren't having sex at all scored 13.5."

small sample sizes:
1st study= 293 female students
2nd study= 700 women

It should also be noted that the Beck Deression Inventory scores like this:
63 total points possible
0-13 = normal/ minimal
14-19 = mild depression
20-28 = moderate depression
29-63 = severe depression

A conclusion that semen is happy juice is pretty far fetched.

[/ QUOTE ]

Who cares? The main thing is not whether this theory is true, but whether it's useful.

SpearsBritney
04-29-2005, 09:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Being able to do a very moderate amount of thinking, or thinking ahead, doesn't make you any less passionate and warm. Being confident and smoothly in control can soothe your partner and make her feel good, and be a turn-on of its own. Jumping around like a jackrabbit or simply ignoring precautions doesn't make you "hot" or spontaneous or anything; it coul mean you're passionate, but it also can just means you're dumb or desperate or inexperienced.

[/ QUOTE ]

I mentioned nothing about being passionate, warm, "smoothly in control", hot, or spontanious, nor did I say that my points could not be contradicted on a case by case basis. I simply stated that ON AVERAGE, careful and cautious people are less LIKELY than laidback freespirited people to live in the present moment and enjoy life to the fullest (hense there overall sense of wellbeing). And that these "laidback freespirited" people, ON AVERAGE, would be less LIKELY to take precautions (such as having protected sex) each and every time, if at all, than the more cautious people.

Elecman
04-29-2005, 09:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you're on the right track by guessing that there are lurking variables unnaccounted for, but I dont think it's that ugly chicks use condoms more often. actually for some reason i think they'd be less inclined to care about STD's. heres a quote from the article:

so those who always use them are less depressed than those who usually use them? that seems to contradict the whole claim. Heres the deal:
Those who never use comdoms are more likely to be in a consistent, more stable relationship with an individual, therefore less depression.
Those who always use them are more likely to be in the same boat as those who never use them than are those who sometimes use them, therefore less depression.
Girls who sometimes use them may have to use them when they go off the pill for that one week or so.
The most depressed group is those that usually use them. These girls are the sluts. I can't think of a situation in which a girl usually has sex w/ a condom but sometimes doesn't, except that she has a lot of partners and leaves it up to them whether or not they use one. These girls are more unstable and probably less secure, therefore more depressed. Also, theres a header in that article that says "Suicide Attempts" but doesnt say a damn thing about suicide, which leads me to believe that its crap anyway.
what do you think?
disclaimer - i didnt read the article extremely closely so if it says something like none of the girls were in a monogamous relationship, i guess i'm wrong.

Duke
04-29-2005, 09:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The team found that women whose partners never used condoms scored 8 on average, those who sometimes used them scored 10.5, those who usually used them scored 15 and those who always used them scored 11.3. Women who weren't having sex at all scored 13.5.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the 8 vs 11.3 is the only legit stat to look at, and even that one is probably due to being content with the relationship. Sex is much different without a condom, no matter how thin it is, so that is a factor as well.

The 15 for "usually" wearing a condom is likely due to "OH GOD I MIGHT BE PREGNANT" depression when the guy doesn't suit up.

To title the article in a way that implies that the major differing factor is the exchange of semen says a lot about the scientists or writers.

~D

SpearsBritney
04-29-2005, 09:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I think you're on the right track by guessing that there are lurking variables unnaccounted for, but I dont think it's that ugly chicks use condoms more often. actually for some reason i think they'd be less inclined to care about STD's. heres a quote from the article:

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I think I agree with you. I was just speaking from my own point of view I guess.

Jazza
04-29-2005, 10:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

are you saying you've just now thought of things that the scientists who did the study did not think of themselves?

Duke
04-29-2005, 10:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was about to post a generic "welcome to 2002" response, but you handled it already.

~D

SpearsBritney
04-29-2005, 10:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

are you saying you've just now thought of things that the scientists who did the study did not think of themselves?

[/ QUOTE ]

No. I'm quite confident that the overwhelming amount of possible variables in this particular study (most of which I have probably not even thought of yet) have already been considered. I am just simply amazed that hardly any variables were touched upon or discounted. I see many ridiculous studies like this in the news(usually designed to sell you some sort of product) that have absolutly no way of distinguishing the cause from the effect.

Duke
04-29-2005, 10:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The poster may be smarter than every scientist who ran or analyzed the results to that study. I'm being serious, not facetious.

~D

Blarg
04-29-2005, 10:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I mentioned nothing about being passionate, warm, "smoothly in control", hot, or spontanious, nor did I say that my points could not be contradicted on a case by case basis. I simply stated that ON AVERAGE, careful and cautious people are less LIKELY than laidback freespirited people to live in the present moment and enjoy life to the fullest (hense there overall sense of wellbeing). And that these "laidback freespirited" people, ON AVERAGE, would be less LIKELY to take precautions (such as having protected sex) each and every time, if at all, than the more cautious people.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's it. You posed a dichotomy between caution and being laidback and free-spirited. This dichotomy does not exist. It's a childish thought.

The opposite of being free-spirited is not being cautious. Caution has nothing to do with it. You're getting concepts totally mixed up. The opposite of being free-spirited might be being repressed, withdrawn, emotionally unavailable, or extremely controlling, perhaps. All those would work.

But the opposite of being free-spirited is definitely not being responsible or taking elementary precautions. The opposite of being cautious would be something like being careless or irresponsible, not being free-spirited.

If you are positing caution and free-spiritedness as opposites, then aren't you positing carelessness or irresponsibility as things that come with free-spiritedness?

I have to say again that equating free-spiritedness with being irresponsible is a very childish, impulsive idea of sex. Not that sex and desire don't have a big childish element to them, and that feeling that way isn't natural. But people grow up, too, and it doesn't affect their having fun.

Actually, equating taking elementary precautions with a lack of free-spiritedness is making too much of too little. It's also the mistake made by someone likely to put themselves in great danger of having kids before he or she wants them, or catching a few too many diseases, though. If all it takes is putting on a rubber to squash your free-spiritedness, it was definitely hanging on by an incredibly flimsy thread in the first place. If it ever really existed at all.

Jazza
04-29-2005, 10:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The poster may be smarter than every scientist who ran or analyzed the results to that study. I'm being serious, not facetious.

~D

[/ QUOTE ]

this is something that annoys me

i'm sure there are people smart enough to be better than the scientists at their own jobs even though the scientsists have put much more effort and thinking into it

but these same people will then turn around and use some other scientific study to support a claim of their own without giving the study the critical thought these people are capable of

put another way:

they'll take a scientists' word for it if the scientists' conclusion is something they want to believe

but when they are impartial or agaisnt to the scientists' conclusions they'll go ahead and show how there study is flawed (which it may well be)

maybe i'm just a nit

SpearsBritney
04-29-2005, 10:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's it. You posed a dichotomy between caution and being laidback and free-spirited. This dichotomy does not exist. It's a childish thought.

The opposite of being free-spirited is not being cautious. Caution has nothing to do with it. You're getting concepts totally mixed up. The opposite of being free-spirited might be being repressed, withdrawn, emotionally unavailable, or extremely controlling, perhaps. All those would work.

But the opposite of being free-spirited is definitely not being responsible or taking elementary precautions. The opposite of being cautious would be something like being careless or irresponsible, not being free-spirited.

If you are positing caution and free-spiritedness as opposites, then aren't you positing carelessness or irresponsibility as things that come with free-spiritedness?

I have to say again that equating free-spiritedness with being irresponsible is a very childish, impulsive idea of sex. Not that sex and desire don't have a big childish element to them, and that feeling that way isn't natural. But people grow up, too, and it doesn't affect their having fun.

Actually, equating taking elementary precautions with a lack of free-spiritedness is making too much of too little. It's also the mistake made by someone likely to put themselves in great danger of having kids before he or she wants them, or catching a few too many diseases, though. If all it takes is putting on a rubber to squash your free-spiritedness, it was definitely hanging on by an incredibly flimsy thread in the first place. If it ever really existed at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, you may be free-spirited, and at the same time may very well take what you deem "elementry" precautions. I am not infering that a "free-spirited" person is not able to take "elementry" precautions. I appoligize for using big words like AVERAGE (http://www.answers.com/average&r=67) and LIKELY (http://www.answers.com/likely) .

gorie
04-29-2005, 10:38 PM
ok, lets think this out logically.

heres the facts we already know:
90% of fat girls are ugly.
60% of ugly girls are fat.
22% of pretty girls are prudes.
99% of pretty girls have sex more frequently than ugly girls.
46% of girls want a baby.
60% of girls are spontantous.
98% of girls have self esteem issues.
20% of happiness is based on spontaneity.
90% of spontaneous people have unprotected sex frequently.
76% of girls have sex without a condom to avoid listening to guys whine.
84% of pretty girls are happy.
8% of depressed girls are suicidal.
90% of people in relationships have sex without a condom.
30% of people in relationships are happy.
50% of people in relationships are average looking.
88% of single people wish they were in a relationship.
77% of happiness is based on the amount of sex you have.
98% of guys try to have sex without a condom.
10% of guys will only have unprotected sex with a smokin' hot chick.
5% of guys will only have unprotected sex with a slightly above average girl.
85% of guys will have unprotected sex with any girl that will let them.
5% of sex is passionate and warm
90% of people who just had sex are happy.

hmm, i think that's everything. certainly we can come up with a definite conclusion if we think this out logically. anyone have a pencil ?

Blarg
04-29-2005, 10:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, you may be free-spirited, and at the same time may very well take what you deem "elementry" precautions. I am not infering that a "free-spirited" person is not able to take "elementry" precautions. I appoligize for using big words like AVERAGE (http://www.answers.com/average&r=67) and LIKELY (http://www.answers.com/likely) .

[/ QUOTE ]

If you get the basic concepts wrong, the numbers don't matter.

Benholio
04-29-2005, 10:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yah right...

Mr. Zero
04-29-2005, 11:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
98% of girls have self esteem issues.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sadly, I think you nailed this one.

Duke
04-29-2005, 11:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
84% of pretty girls are happy.

[/ QUOTE ]

100% of pretty girls believe in their hearts that they are ugly.

~D

gorie
04-29-2005, 11:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yah right...

[/ QUOTE ]
no its true. cuz 96% of pretty girls go clubbing.
while believe it or not 96% of ugly girls stay home and cry.
these are proven facts. i know cuz this guy who was a scientist told me as he was trying to convince me to let him stick it in without a condom.
actually you can figure out whether or not i let him once you take into consideration i drive a red car.

BottlesOf
04-29-2005, 11:33 PM
I humbly volunteer to further this important study. If any attractive females out there feel as passionately about scientifc progress as I do, don't hesitate to contact me.

/images/graemlins/grin.gif

LALDAAS
04-29-2005, 11:42 PM
Just emialed to my GF

SpearsBritney
04-29-2005, 11:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i know cuz this guy who was a scientist told me as he was trying to convince me to let him stick it in without a condom.

[/ QUOTE ]

tech
04-29-2005, 11:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm quite confident that the overwhelming amount of possible variables in this particular study (most of which I have probably not even thought of yet) have already been considered.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah right.

gorie
04-29-2005, 11:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
i swear that grin means you think i'm a guy who takes it up the butt.

SpearsBritney
04-30-2005, 12:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
i swear that grin means you think i'm a guy who takes it up the butt.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I just pictured some guy telling a girl it will make her "happier" if they go bareback.

SpearsBritney
04-30-2005, 12:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm quite confident that the overwhelming amount of possible variables in this particular study (most of which I have probably not even thought of yet) have already been considered.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah right.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I guess I kinda screwed that up grammatically. I meant that although they have probably considered the possible varia........Ok, they didn't consider any variables.

Aytumious
05-06-2005, 09:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I humbly volunteer to further this important study. If any attractive females out there feel as passionately about scientifc progress as I do, don't hesitate to contact me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good to hear. I'm actually a PHD student at UW-Madison and am planning to do a follow up study this fall. I'm looking for virile volunteers who are capable of having multiple, depression lifting orgasms on a daily basis over a 2 week period. All male volunteers will recieve 8-12 "blowjobs" -- is that the current lingo -- per day throughout the duration of said study. Please PM me for more details.

With the seriousness of depression amongst our female population, think of this as doing a service for your country while also being serviced on a regular basis.

texasholdemnut
05-06-2005, 09:15 AM
I had to take the time to email this to my girlfriend..

chaas4747
05-06-2005, 10:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Just emialed to my GF

[/ QUOTE ]

MCS
05-09-2005, 11:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]

How do you explain that?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because if you're a woman whose partner is not using condoms, the semen is making you happier. When you stop having sex, you're no longer getting that boost. So you may revert back to your previous semenless state, when you were more depressed.

However, if your partner IS using condoms, then you're not getting Semen Benefits anyway, so it doesn't matter as much if you stop having sex.