PDA

View Full Version : Foxwoods 20/40

Steve S
04-29-2005, 04:13 PM
I've read a bunch of posts lately comparing the 10/20 @ Foxwoods to the 2/4 & 3/6 Party game. There seems to be a considerable jump in skill level from the 10/20 to the 20/40. I'm making this comment having logged quite a bit of hours in the 10/20, but never sitting 20/40 (the games are usually too good to leave). Although I've seen a number of bad players leave the game for the 20/40, it seems there are many more strong players in the game.

Is the typical 20/40 table really that much more profitable? Or am I exaggerating the difference in skill between the players and it is more of a bankroll issue?

Barry
04-29-2005, 05:06 PM
When I moved from the 10 to the 20 game, a couple of years ago, I wrote a post about it. In summary, there are still are plenty of fish in the 20 game, but there are more sharks around feeding on them. For example, in the 10 game there might be 3-4 clueless types 3-4 mediocre types and maybe 1 person that knows what they are doing. In the 20, there are less clueless, more mediocre and usually 2 that are decent.

The level of aggression in the 20 game is a fair amount higher than in the 10 game, but it's certainly less aggressive than the Party 15 game.

There are a reasonable number of regulars that play pretty well, as long as you can recognize the difference and have the bankroll to deal with the increased agression (i.e. variance) you should do OK. This assumes that you know how to play.