PDA

View Full Version : weezer - beverly hills

lighterjobs
04-29-2005, 03:55 PM

Phoenix1010
04-29-2005, 03:58 PM
It's alrite. Standard stuff, nowhere near Weezer's best however, and probably not in the top half.

tdarko
04-29-2005, 04:13 PM
good--not bad not great.

can't wait to see it live though, weezer makes 3 of my 5 favorite concerts i have ever been to.

istewart
04-29-2005, 04:26 PM
Weezer is cool, but this isn't even really a song. It's like something Cuomo pulled out of his ass. Marginally listenable. Weezer's quality has just been a downward spiral as their career has gone on.

miajag81
04-29-2005, 04:34 PM
Weezer is one of my favorite bands but this song blows.

Piiop
04-29-2005, 04:34 PM
I'm a pretty big Weezer fan, and this song is pretty close to the worst ever.

lighterjobs
04-29-2005, 04:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Weezer is cool, but this isn't even really a song. It's like something Cuomo pulled out of his ass. Marginally listenable. Weezer's quality has just been a downward spiral as their career has gone on.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was reading an interview in rolling stone where they talked about having hundreds of songs written and how it was so hard to pick out the songs for this album. I like beverly hills, but if it was their first new single, then the songs they have stored away must be really shitty. I hated beverly hills the first few times I heard it, but after a few listens I got used to it.

ibankonu
04-29-2005, 04:56 PM
Get used to it. The whole cd is a let down, just like Beverly Hills.

SomethingClever
04-29-2005, 05:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I was reading an interview in rolling stone where they talked about having hundreds of songs written and how it was so hard to pick out the songs for this album. I like beverly hills, but if it was their first new single, then the songs they have stored away must be really shitty. I hated beverly hills the first few times I heard it, but after a few listens I got used to it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a lot of Weezer rarities from back in the day, and a lot of them should have been released on albums, IMO.

Rivers is just insane... he has dozens of excellent songs that never made it onto any commercial release... and then he makes "Beverly Hills" the new single.

I am a huge Weezer fan, BTW.

Here's a couple to look up if you're interested.

Chess
Mad Kow
Mykel and Carli
Modern Dukes
Hot Tub
American Girls
Devotion
Hey My Darling
Slob (was this released? I can't remember)
Suzanne
You gave your love to me softly (from the Angus soundtrack)
Why Haven't You Called Me

tdarko
04-29-2005, 05:17 PM
suzanne was on an album though right? mallrats soundtrack correct?

ChoicestHops
04-29-2005, 05:23 PM
American Girls is probably in the top 3 Weezer songs. However, the majority of Weezer b-sides are crummy.

tdarko
04-29-2005, 05:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]

American Girls is probably in the top 3 Weezer songs. However, the majority of Weezer b-sides are crummy

[/ QUOTE ]
YOU ARE CORRECT SIR!

SomethingClever
04-29-2005, 05:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
However, the majority of Weezer b-sides are crummy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Such as?

ChoicestHops
04-29-2005, 05:27 PM
The other 300 b-sides.

SomethingClever
04-29-2005, 05:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The other 300 b-sides.

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh... dood, list some of the ones you don't like... I'm curious. I'm not sure which are "b-sides" and which were simply never released. I have a lot of live recordings from circa 2000-2001 that never made it onto albums, and I'm not sure if these are the "b-sides" you're talking about.

trying2learn
04-29-2005, 05:32 PM
suzanne - f'n great song.

lighterjobs
04-29-2005, 05:41 PM
i have heard mykel and carli, you gave your love, and suzanne. I have a friend who gave me a burned cd of weezer b-sides and they sucked mostly, but there were some really good ones on there. I also agree that rivers in insane.

Klepton
04-29-2005, 05:42 PM
i remember reading in an interview how rivers would get high and write these songs in 30 seconds.

at that time he was talking about "hashpipe"

he said he makes these catchy tunes to get the album funded

VBM
04-29-2005, 05:42 PM
=W=

ChoicestHops
04-29-2005, 05:45 PM
I dont remember all the names. One summer I did go on a dowloading spree from a b-side listing at weezer.com.

It was just the majority of the songs were not good. Suzane is good, You Gave You Love To Me Softly is good. The guy's wrote hundreds and hundreds of b-sides and the majority that I have heard just werent that good.

I have heard that he writes songs in under 30 seconds, which is why alot of them suck. He he could take some time and get really maniac crazy again and maybe he could write something amazing like Pinkerton.

mmbt0ne
04-29-2005, 05:46 PM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">En réponse à:</font><hr />
Get used to it. The whole cd is a let down, just like Beverly Hills.

[/ QUOTE ]

How many more records do they have coming out on Geffen? I thought I heard somewhere that they are basically mailing in albums until they can get finished with their deal.

SomethingClever
04-29-2005, 05:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
He he could take some time and get really maniac crazy again maybe he could write something like Pinkerton again.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pinkerton does pwn incredibly hard.

istewart
04-29-2005, 05:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
He he could take some time and get really maniac crazy again maybe he could write something like Pinkerton again.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pinkerton does pwn incredibly hard.

[/ QUOTE ]