PDA

View Full Version : River plan when aces improve

Girchuck
04-29-2005, 03:49 PM
UTG is passive and straightforward.
SB is a bully.

Holding A /images/graemlins/club.gifA /images/graemlins/heart.gif in the BB
UTG limps, SB completes, I raise, they call

Flop is T /images/graemlins/club.gif 9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 5 /images/graemlins/club.gif

SB checks, I bet, UTG raises, SB calls, I re-raise, UTG caps, SB calls.

I am about 90% sure I am behind here.

The turn is 4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif (T /images/graemlins/club.gif 9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 5 /images/graemlins/club.gif)

SB checks, I check, UTG bets, SB calls, I call

the river is 4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif (4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif T /images/graemlins/club.gif 9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 5 /images/graemlins/club.gif)

My hand is improved. SB checks, what should be my plan?

Jeffage
04-29-2005, 03:56 PM
I'd bet and call a raise since you can now beat a hand like 10-9s. He might have flopped a set with 44 but even passive players would probably raise with 99 or 10-10 preflop. He could also just have a really good 10. SB prob missed a straight draw.

Jeff

Rubeskies
04-29-2005, 03:57 PM
If there is any chance UTG could be capping a draw, possibly an openender with a flush draw, then I would be betting that turn. You really don't want to give a free card on such a drawy board.

Noodles
04-29-2005, 04:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If there is any chance UTG could be capping a draw, possibly an openender with a flush draw, then I would be betting that turn. You really don't want to give a free card on such a drawy board.

[/ QUOTE ]

UTG is passive and str8foward,i dont think hed be doing that

mperich
04-29-2005, 04:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
UTG is passive and straightforward.

[/ QUOTE ]

As for the hand...the only legitimate hand you beat now is T9s, and I think a set is MUCH more likely. I just check call this river, which may also be able to get you an overcall. If the board were something like KQT or QJT etc I would be MUCH more inclined to c/r here.

-Mike

Rubeskies
04-29-2005, 04:04 PM
As far as a river plan, if UTG is capable of value betting two pair or even top pair on this board then I would check and do one of two things. It also depends on how loose UTG could be. Will he call with T5s, or 95s UTG? If not then my below advice changes to a check/call.

First, if SB calls, then I would check raise. My reasoning being that when you are ahead, you're gonna gain two extra bets and if you get 3-bet, it's a pretty easy fold against a passive, straightforward opponent.

If SB folds, then I guess it would depend on my read. I don't mind a check/raise or a check/call here either but I'm not sure.

Girchuck
04-29-2005, 04:50 PM
There is about 10% chance that I am still ahead after a flop cap. But if the turn does get checked through, river play becomes quite easy.

Girchuck
04-29-2005, 04:58 PM
I went for a check and call line.
I figure, UTG will have two pair about 65% of the time, but won't bet always. He will have a set of 5s or other sets about 30% of time, and he'll always bet those.
If I bet, he'll raise me with set always, and with counterfeited two pair almost never, but still enough that I cannot fold.

UTG bet, SB call, I call.

UTG had T9o