PDA

View Full Version : 2+2 Stud8 Open

B Mando
04-29-2005, 02:37 PM
Private tournaments

password: lighter

10+1(couldnt make it a 5)

hope I am not the only one there...hahahha thats why I am spamming this thing so much.

3:45 start time

Alchemist
04-29-2005, 02:41 PM
If that's 3:45 PST I'll try to make it. The last one was fun.

B Mando
04-29-2005, 02:45 PM
No its like one hour...I dont think a lot of people(if any) will play this one. There will be more though...

Andy B
04-29-2005, 02:46 PM
It's Eastern Time.

Andy B
04-29-2005, 02:49 PM
Whaddya mean? With you, greenage, and me so far, I would think that people would be chomping at the bit to get a piece of this juicy action. I can hear the cell phones and pagers going off now.

This is going to interfere with my nap-taking, though.

Alchemist
04-29-2005, 02:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
No its like one hour...I dont think a lot of people(if any) will play this one. There will be more though...

[/ QUOTE ]

Bummer, as much as I'd like to play from work, I don't think my employer would be too crazy about it /images/graemlins/smile.gif.
Hopefully next time.

B Mando
04-29-2005, 02:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This is going to interfere with my nap-taking, though.

[/ QUOTE ]

hehe I already got my nap in today! I had to wake up at 730...then slept from 10-12

Aicirt
04-29-2005, 02:56 PM
Not going to be able to make it. Will have to leave by then. Good luck to all who enter. You all should post some interesting hands for discussion.

Aicirt

mscags
04-29-2005, 02:58 PM
I'm in if I can win another dollar between now and then. I only have 10!

greenage
04-29-2005, 03:00 PM
Stay away from the micro tables, if all you need is another dollar I'll get it for you.

greenage

mscags
04-29-2005, 03:02 PM
You're the man green. What would I do without you?

TheShootah
04-29-2005, 03:07 PM
I might have to download the PS software just to watch this madness. Oh wait....Calc III Exam...next week I will railbird...

mscags
04-29-2005, 03:08 PM
I'm in! Yeah just had my Calc II exam test today and exam next week. No fun!

PoorLawyer
04-29-2005, 03:09 PM
the extra half hour just might be enough for my boss to get out of here so i can slack off and lose my ten bucks

bholdr
04-29-2005, 03:11 PM
i'm in! now, to get some cheeseburgers & mountain dew to keep me alert...

mscags
04-29-2005, 03:53 PM
Here we go!

B Mando
04-29-2005, 04:07 PM
rolled twice in the first 15 hands....i guess the host gets cards right? HAHAHHAHAHA chopped with JJJ but won a nice one with 777! woot!

mscags
04-29-2005, 04:32 PM
throw some of those my way!

B Mando
04-29-2005, 05:25 PM
Well, it seems as if I hit everycard in the deck. I was rolled up 4 times and sucked out here and there. I finished second to rgarling(who also had the deck hit him in the face). Andy B thrid. It was a great time. I, like andy, am taking a nap...my second of the day however. More to come later. Anyone posting hands from the game?

bholdr
04-29-2005, 05:26 PM
out in fifth as my 2345 didn't hit against 7799... gg everyone. next week....

B Mando
04-29-2005, 05:29 PM
yeah! that was the big suck out...sorry bro. I am sure you will get me back next week.

mscags
04-29-2005, 05:39 PM
I played half decent until I got caught with my hand in the cookies jar. It was all downhill from there. Lots of fun though.

beset7
04-29-2005, 07:09 PM
who won?

mscags
04-29-2005, 07:11 PM
ray garland

B Mando
04-29-2005, 07:19 PM
He PWNED me headsup....I felt girlie after that.

TheShootah
04-29-2005, 10:32 PM
Just wait till 3. Calc is all fun and games till you hit 3-D, then it's a kick in the junk. /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

mscags
04-29-2005, 11:05 PM
Yeah, we just started doing vectors in 3d last week.

TheShootah
04-29-2005, 11:50 PM
Yeah, that's the tip of the iceberg. It's pretty funny because they normally call MIII Vector Calculus, but you have to learn so many things just to do it: Vectors, Partial Derivatives and the Multivariable Chain Rule, Gradients, Triple and Double Integrals, Spherical and Cylindrical/Polar Coordinates, etc. just to do some stuff in the end. Basically it all builds up to one chapter. My Professor walked in all pumped saying things like, "We are learning what it's all about now" but to tell you the truth it's nothing big. It's just hard depending on the prof. But oh well, enough thread hijacking....Good luck to you next year! I am moving on to the wonderful world of Differential Equations..... /images/graemlins/frown.gif

RandomUser
04-30-2005, 06:46 AM
One tip for those continuing to differential equations.

Make sure you keep your algebra and calculus books and that you are competent at integration.

Differential equations is actually not that difficult, much of it is 'cookbook', but it requires significant integration ability that many students tend to forget thinking they won't need it again. It also requires significant algebra skills that you probably haven't used in years.

TheShootah
04-30-2005, 10:24 AM
Oh dear.....Hehehe...Thanks!

Andy B
04-30-2005, 11:53 AM
9977 is only a very small underdog against 2345. Not that you should be making Nines-up very often. Ahem.

B Mando
04-30-2005, 12:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
9977 is only a very small underdog against 2345. Not that you should be making Nines-up very often. Ahem.

[/ QUOTE ]

ALRIGHT! I opened the action with a seven door card to try to pick up the dead money...you re-raised me with what is seemingly a pair of kings. The bring-in calls. Now, at the 75-150 level do you really think I am just going to fold outright when all my cards are live? Believe me though...I never would even consider playing that hand if this wasnt a tournament and I wasnt trying to pick up the dead money. Im sure you guys will get me next time.

bholdr
04-30-2005, 02:40 PM
it wasn't a bad play, imo. by fourth, you've got two pair against what you had to assume was a rough low... two dimes had 2345 as a 54% favroite vs 9977, hardly a suckout.

i bricked off so many damn times in that SnG... the hand that really hurt was an early one where Bmando started rolled, and i had 3 to a low SF, we capped third with Rgarland (no idea what he had) and i bricked twice before folding. after that it was an uphill battl for me, and i slid back farther each time... survived one all in when i had top pair and we (greenage, i think?) and I both mde two pair...

I think i was stealing with an ace on the door too much, Bmando caught me once for a couple hundred, and so did greenage.

next week...

RayGarlington
04-30-2005, 05:48 PM
Here is that hand. At the time I thought "best hand on board" so I raised, of course, I didn't actually have it because of "Dr. RollUp". After that cap I was still hopeful enough to call down. Calling the river was stupid.

Tournament - 7 Card Stud High-Low - Level II (25/50), Ante 5, Bring-In 10 (hand converter (http://www.geocities.com/greenage22/7StudConverter.hta.txt))

Hero: (1447)
Seat 4: (1568)
Seat 5: (1545)
Seat 6: (1544)
Seat 7: (1421)
Seat 8: (1475)

3rd Street

Hero: Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif Q/images/graemlins/club.gif 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif___calls___raises
Seat 4: xx xx 8/images/graemlins/club.gif___calls___folds
Seat 5: xx xx 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___calls___folds
Seat 6: xx xx 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___brings-in___raises___calls
Seat 7: xx xx T/images/graemlins/heart.gif___folds
Seat 8: xx xx 7/images/graemlins/club.gif___raises___raises___calls

4th Street

Hero: Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif Q/images/graemlins/club.gif 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif A/images/graemlins/club.gif___checks___calls
Seat 6: xx xx 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif___checks___calls
Seat 8: xx xx 7/images/graemlins/club.gif 5/images/graemlins/club.gif___bets

5th Street

Hero: Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif Q/images/graemlins/club.gif 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif A/images/graemlins/club.gif 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___calls
Seat 6: xx xx 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___folds
Seat 8: xx xx 7/images/graemlins/club.gif 5/images/graemlins/club.gif 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif___bets

6th Street

Hero: Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif Q/images/graemlins/club.gif 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif A/images/graemlins/club.gif 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif___calls
Seat 8: xx xx 7/images/graemlins/club.gif 5/images/graemlins/club.gif 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif___bets

River

Hero: Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif Q/images/graemlins/club.gif 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif A/images/graemlins/club.gif 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___calls
Seat 8: xx xx 7/images/graemlins/club.gif 5/images/graemlins/club.gif 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif xx___bets

Results:

Andy B
04-30-2005, 10:53 PM
I think calling the full bet on third was fine. Raising would have been fine, too. When it's another two bets back to you, though, I think you have to give it up. I don't think this crew is going to be betting like that with three-card lows. You're probably looking at bigger pairs or maybe a roll-up. Even if they do have three-card lows, they probably have strong high possibilities, so you're not in that great of shape in any case. I'd save my chips for a better gambling opportunity.

I think calling one bet on fourth and fifth is OK. Sixth and seventh are a little muddier, because either you're playing for half the pot or you're behind. I think, on balance, that the pot is big enough that you ought to call it down, but I really wouldn't like it.