PDA

View Full Version : 98o on the button vs LP table

MN_Mime
04-29-2005, 02:00 PM
Hero is on the Button with 9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8 /images/graemlins/club.gif. 2nd orbit, no reads.

2 folds, MP1 raises, 2 folds, poster calls 1 bet, cutoff calls, Hero calls, SB folds, BB calls.

Q: Fold pre-flop?

---

5 see the flop: T /images/graemlins/club.gif 8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7 /images/graemlins/club.gif

BB checks, MP1 bets, poster raises, cutoff folds, Hero 3-bets, BB folds, MP1 calls, poster calls.

I've got middle pair and OESD but I'm behind. I raise to chase out gutshots and clean up my 9 outs. My 8 outs won't make a flush for anyone, so I'm ok there.

---

3 see the turn: 2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

MP1 checks, poster checks, Hero bets, 2 calls

I was going to take the free card, but poster's check suggests a draw or weak kicker. I bet hoping for a c/r from MP1 to charge or clear out poster's possibly better draw. I'd think even TP would have a hard time calling after PFR calls.

---

3 see the river: T /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

checked around.

Q: Fire again and fold to a raise? I think an overpair is in call-down mode and I can't see any hands I beat chasing this far.

shant
04-29-2005, 02:02 PM
Fold preflop. If I somehow got into the hand, take the free card on the turn.

brettbrettr
04-29-2005, 02:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Fold preflop. If I somehow got into the hand, take the free card on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

chief444
04-29-2005, 02:03 PM
Looks good to me except preflop.

brettbrettr
04-29-2005, 02:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Looks good to me except preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

You like the turn bet?

chief444
04-29-2005, 02:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You like the turn bet?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes. I don't think he has the best hand very often but often enough to bet. Plus it gets more out of any other draws the times he is good and also keeps him from getting bluffed off of the best hand on the river.

chief444
04-29-2005, 02:09 PM
I'll just add that in general if I have have a pretty decent draw + position + hand that has some showdown value there are very few times I would check through the turn. Another side benefit is that a better 8 may fold sometimes to the turn bet however will always peel one more on the flop to see the turn.

MN_Mime
04-29-2005, 02:13 PM
That was pretty much the plan. I just made a multitabling error.

You agree the flop play was a good line to take though?