PDA

View Full Version : First 1k hands at 5/10 max, input on increasing VPIP

rivered
04-29-2005, 01:22 PM
Number one, I realize I'm way too tight preflop but since I'm used to 1/2 and 2/4 max games I was looking to play very tightly to start out. Secondly, my VPIP is usually about 20 to 21% and I am looking to add some more hands - in the right situations. I also think my agression stats after the flop are quite high but I was making an effort not to get run over as well since my VPIP was very low when I was in a hand I had mainly premium cards and was playing them as such. Any input appreciated.

http://www.raiseany.com/ptstats.jpg

sy_or_bust
04-29-2005, 01:27 PM
Way too tight, obviously. You're missing a ton of value.

Where do you draw the line raising first-in from all positions? After a limper or two?

You're also folding your blinds an absurd amount. Your winrate will be crippled playing so tight from there. My blind stats aren't perfect, but for instance, I'll fold SB 70-75% and BB 40-45% to steal, and I'm doing well in both spots at 5/10.

rivered
04-29-2005, 01:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Where do you draw the line raising first-in from all positions? After a limper or two?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't have any specific guidelines that I'm following preflop. Basically, I'm trying to raise big cards - AK, KJ, - and pocket pairs whether I have limpers or not. Especially if the limper(s) have high VPIPs I will raise a lot of the hands I play but probably limp with small pairs if the players behind aren't too agressive preflop.

I have been looking at Abdul's old preflop charts again and thinking of using that but perhaps tightening up a level. I've never used any preflop charts or anything but I've been thinking of it to start here as I need to loosen up and it would be a guideline for me to start out.

[ QUOTE ]

You're also folding your blinds an absurd amount. Your winrate will be crippled playing so tight from there. My blind stats aren't perfect, but for instance, I'll fold SB 70-75% and BB 40-45% to steal, and I'm doing well in both spots at 5/10.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm open for input here as well. Usually I've been folding to anyone who raises with a fairly small PFR (under 8) unless I have fairly good cards and even against other players I'm obviosly pretty tight. I'd say that part of this is do to the change in limits but looking at my old stats for 1/2 and 2/4 I see that I was very tight in the blinds as well.