PDA

View Full Version : PLO/8 Sngs - Strategy Question (Cross Post)

Cleveland Guy
04-29-2005, 01:16 PM
Okay - so I have been playing a lot of PLO/8 SnGs recently on pokerroom.

I am doing quite well still, great ITM, great ROI.

One thing I am trying to learn, and that is way different from cash games or even NLHE tournaments is blind stealing.

Usually by the time we get down to 5 people left or so, blinds are around 50-100, maybe 75-150.

I don't like to "steal" with pure junk yet - because you really don't give yourself much chance to suckout. I like to have at least a decent shot at high, or low to save half the pot if I get in too deep.

Is this a good stragey? Assuming I have a decent Blind/Stack ratio, and the BB isn't too short (forced to call) are these all good opening hands short handed to steal the blinds with?

A48J - DS to J and A
24KQ - DS to K and Q
A3TT - No suited or Single Suited

If the flop comes rags - and checked to me, should I be placing another bet?

It seems like the gap concept (once you eliminate the fish) is even bigger in PLO8 than it is in NLHE.

I am going to post here and in the STT section.

Thanks all for your advice.

shejk
04-29-2005, 01:36 PM
IMO your opening standards are too tight, for five and fourhanded play.

Cleveland Guy
04-29-2005, 01:37 PM
Please expand on this thought.

There are many other hands I would open with - wanting a call, or willing to call a re-raise with, these are my steal hands.

What else should I be adding?

Cleveland Guy
04-29-2005, 01:39 PM
Shejk -

Please do not take this personally, as I know you aren't the only one to do this - but I HATE, HATE, HATE, posts like this.

You make a valid point, but you don't say anything else. In my othe post, I asked a bit more, but this is one of my pet peeves. If I'm too tight, that's fine (I'm still learning), but simplying saying I'm too tight, and not saying anything else really doesn't help.

Thanks for letting me vent.