PDA

View Full Version : A Hand Against CDC

sthief09
04-29-2005, 01:11 PM
don't have a read on other guy. I think I made a couple of mistakes

also worth nothing that CDC is kind of screwing around, and I took that into consideration

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button (CDC) 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls, MP calls.

Flop: (13 SB) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, MP folds, CDC calls.

Turn: (8 BB) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CDC 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, UTG calls, CDC calls.

River: (20 BB) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">CDC raises</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Final Pot: 26 BB

bunky9590
04-29-2005, 01:25 PM
river is expert. Gets an overcall from UTG and Chris will probably fold to a three bet unless he's real strong. (i.e beating you).

I know chris is capable of the river raise and fold to the three bet. Nice river play.

DrGutshot
04-29-2005, 01:31 PM
looks purfek to me.

-DrG

TStoneMBD
04-29-2005, 01:39 PM
i dont like it. you really think cdc is raising through 2 players with a hand he wont fold on to a 3bet? besides, if he knows you know hes capable of folding to 3bets, then he has to call.

sy_or_bust
04-29-2005, 01:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i dont like it. you really think cdc is raising through 2 players with a hand he wont fold on to a 3bet? besides, if he knows you know hes capable of folding to 3bets, then he has to call.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure what you mean? The point of the river is to build the same pot size using UTG's overcall instead of a 3-bet, when UTG usually drops out and CDC folds most beaten hands and caps JJ/55

TStoneMBD
04-29-2005, 02:01 PM
i know what the point of going for the overcall is. i just dont think its as profitable here as 3betting is.

sthief09
04-29-2005, 03:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i know what the point of going for the overcall is. i just dont think its as profitable here as 3betting is.

[/ QUOTE ]

after the turn, I thought to myself "oh [censored] I just overplayed that bad." then when I got raised on the river I got kind of flustered and didn't really think things through. he raises the flop with JJ every single time.

sthief09
04-29-2005, 03:21 PM
not gonna lie. that wasn't my thought process

Surfbullet
04-29-2005, 03:27 PM
I have not played with CDC, so I don't know what he is capable of, but I 3-bet this river because the pot is so huge I expect to collect extra bets from both players.

I think you are far more likely to be up against 99(esp with the 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif) given the way he played the hand than JJ. He's certainly not doing this with an overpair, though a straight is possible (if he'll 3bet KQ pf? I dunno.)

Surf

sthief09
04-29-2005, 03:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
you are far more likely to be up against 99(esp with the 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif) given the way he played the hand than JJ. He's certainly not doing this with an overpair, though a straight is possible (if he'll 3bet KQ pf? I dunno.)

[/ QUOTE ]

exactly. he raises the flop with JJ every time. I overplayed the turn and got really flustered and didn't think things through on the river. major mental error

Entity
04-29-2005, 03:37 PM
I don't get the river. Chris doesn't have JJ 33% of the time and I seriously don't think donk is folding, ever.

Rob

Joe Tall
04-29-2005, 03:44 PM
The turn is overplayed. They both have you beat there and have hands worthy of a showdown, like KQ and a flush so you missed bets on the river.

Peace,
Joe Tall

sthief09
04-29-2005, 03:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The turn is overplayed. They both have you beat there and have hands worthy of a showdown, like KQ and a flush so you missed bets on the river.

Peace,
Joe Tall

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't say they both have me beat, but one of the two has me beat just about every time, which is important. I agree that it's overplayed though. I got flustered after that, realizing it was a dumb cap and pussed out on the river

Joe Tall
04-29-2005, 04:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't say they both have me beat, but one of the two has me beat just about every time, which is important. I agree that it's overplayed though. I got flustered after that, realizing it was a dumb cap and pussed out on the river

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I over stated that. Let me rearrange: One surely has you beat, you over played but there is enough action on the turn that they are hog-tied to the pot and have hands that are likley worth a showdown, you missed bets on the river.

Peace bro,
JT

Surfbullet
04-29-2005, 05:08 PM
I hadn't addressed the turn but I also think it was overplayed, especially when UTG wakes up and raises. We're looking for boat outs so I'd slow down then.

UTG's hand looks like a KQ that is scared of the flush, or even a weak flush, but he's def going to showdown so he's in for as many bets as you can take him on the river once he calls the first time.

Surf

BottlesOf
04-29-2005, 05:22 PM
How can you not 3-bet this river?

Joe Tall
04-29-2005, 06:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
river is expert. Gets an overcall from UTG and Chris will probably fold to a three bet unless he's real strong. (i.e beating you).

I know chris is capable of the river raise and fold to the three bet. Nice river play.

[/ QUOTE ]

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO