PDA

View Full Version : Christmas wish -

Zeno
11-16-2002, 10:23 PM
Check it out: Raging Bull (http://www.taurususa.com/m444.html)

HDPM
11-17-2002, 12:17 AM
Not bad at all. I don't have a .44 mag, and don't really need one, but I prefer the Ruger Redhawk to the Taurus. I have had a couple Tauri, and they never held enough sway not to be traded off. They both functioned just fine and were pretty good quality. The raging bull looks like more fun than the ones I had tho. A friend of mine has the big S&W .44 mag. Not as strong as the Ruger, but a sweet action and trigger and very accurate. It is hilarious to see what a .44 mag Hydra-Shok does to a Pepsi can full of water.
I've gotten a coupla new toys recently, so I don't think I better ask for a .44 for X-Mas. I haven't even gotten to play with one of the new toys yet. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

Zeno
11-17-2002, 01:19 PM
Thanks for the info. I took a handgun class through the shoot-em-up Gun Club that I joined and got to blast away with a number of superb handguns. The best of the lot for a big gun, I thought, was the Taurus .357 mag revolver. I could handle it very well and shot an excellent grouping with it. For a big gun it felt comfortable and shot clean. The .44 mags I shot (Rugers) where also very good. They fire like a cannon and the recoil is a bit much, and it would take some time to be able to fire these beasts with comfort and accuracy. Not to say that just blasting the be'Jesus out of everything in sight is not enjoyable. I need to get my Sigarms 45 Auto before anything else though. Then maybe I'll invest in the 44. I need to start buying some rifles also. I'm just starting my seach for what I need in that department. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

Happy Shooting. Get out to the range. /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

-Zeno

HDPM
11-17-2002, 01:42 PM
Hard to go wrong with a Sig .45. Just be sure to compare to HK. The HK allows cocked and locked carry, as well as DA/SA like the Sig. If you are really worried you can also carry DA w/ the safety on. The safety also doubles as a decocker like the Sig. You can also perform all necessary functions on the gun, except firing, with the safety on. So you can load or clear the chamber with the safety on. Sigs are excellent though and if you like it get it. In fact, get both a SIG and an HK and a Glock and a....

As for rifles, I am not a big rifle guy. I now have a couple laying around I need to sight in and learn to shoot. If you want to hunt get something in a basic and versatile caliber, 30.06 or .308. No time like the present to get an assault weapon though. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif If you have the cash, look very hard at a Steyr Scout rifle in .308. That handy little rifle will do a whole lot. I don't need one and really want one.