PDA

View Full Version : a typical worthless hand by me

Kimpan
04-29-2005, 12:43 PM
opponent has a preflop raise of about 28% thats the read Iv'e got. I shouldn't bet out on flop right? just call?

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (6 SB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, SB folds.

Turn: (4 BB) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (6 BB) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 7 BB

jquattro
04-29-2005, 12:57 PM
Bet flop. It masks your hand. If a king comes, regardless if he has it, he might try something because he thinks your jacks or tens aren't good anymore. Also, make flush drawers pay to stay in.

But integral to all this, if you bet the flop bet the turn. Too many people wuss out on the turn. You can take down the hand on the turn if you bet it, especially if he's only got overcards or something.

sthief09
04-29-2005, 12:59 PM
you did a good job of minimizing your chances of taking down the pot unimproved

Girchuck
04-29-2005, 01:00 PM
If you are going to bet the flop, you might as well bet the turn because you aren't getting any free cards here, and you have about four outs worth of folding equity.
If you want to check the turn, then check the flop too. Going check call check call with the draw is not bad because it disguises your strong hands which you may want to also play this way against a LAG.

JrJordan
04-29-2005, 01:11 PM
I play it the same way for what it's worth. You probably have value with the open ender and an overcard that might be good.

JrJordan
04-29-2005, 01:14 PM
Damn, just looked at a bunch of responses. Looks like I've been playing this one all wrong. If this guy is aggro enough, i like check/call check/call than betting out on both streets so I can avoid a turn raise. Pretty player dependent though to decide if you have some folding equity by betting out.