PDA

View Full Version : Show this down???

tac252
04-29-2005, 12:32 PM
After learning that I don't show down enough hands (my WTSD is 31.98) I have been looking for spots where I usually fold where a showdown might be in order. Is this one of those times??

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4.40 SB) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (4.20 BB) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 7.20 BB

Thanks,
Tom

tac252
04-29-2005, 12:34 PM
Sorry, I forgot to post my read on Villian. He has respectable stats and seems like a solid player, AF is a little low. He is 24/15/1.3 through 209 hands.

Tom

marand
04-29-2005, 12:37 PM
For me this is an easy fold.
You have done nothing but show strength and are check/raised on the turn and you have no pair.
I doubt you have 6 outs here.

JrJordan
04-29-2005, 12:48 PM
I fold this turn. Unless he's a total moron, he's not check raising you without at least a pair. You're not getting odds to hit your possible 6 outer so fold.

Girchuck
04-29-2005, 12:51 PM
Showing down A high against a turn check-raise is not going to help your win rate. BB bets into you on the flop and calls a raise. There are very few draws on the board for BB to semibluff. He then check-raises you on the turn. Its over. He probably had a better hand on the flop. Your plan was to get to the showdown as cheap as possible. Thats why you raise the flop and bet the turn, instead of taking a free card on the turn.

tac252
04-29-2005, 12:53 PM
OK, so it appears this is one hand I'm not showing down that I still shouldn't be showing down. Being that my WTSD is about 7-8% lower than everyone else yet my W$SD is only 2% higher there are situations that I can't identify where my hand is good but just folding on the turn or river. I'll be trying to find some situations where I do this.

tac252
04-29-2005, 12:56 PM
Your post is a bit confusing, I think you may have typed it backwards. Did you mean to suggest that I should check the turn here in order to get a cheap SD?

Tom

Girchuck
04-29-2005, 01:05 PM
There are two plans here on the turn.
One is to check behind on the turn for a free card. But then if you don't improve, you will hate to fold to BB's value bets on the river, and if your hand is best you get nothing.
The second plan is what you tried, bet the turn and check behind on the river unless you improve. It costs the same as calling BB's value bet in plan 1, but if your hand is best or if you improve you extract one more bet. Unfortunately, the BB foiled you with a check-raise. You had no option but fold.