PDA

View Full Version : Donkbet with a set

kurosh
04-29-2005, 12:06 PM
Ultimate Bet 50/100 Hold'em (5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (9.50 SB) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (6.25 BB) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>

UTG recently sat down. I don't have much of a read on him. He seems decent and hasn't gotten out of line.

MP is a bit aggressive and can overplay hands at times. He's the guy who folded the river in my "You can find retards even at high limits" post.

Grisgra
04-29-2005, 12:17 PM
Against aggressive players this is just about standard for me at this point.

sthief09
04-29-2005, 12:56 PM
I bet the flop

MAxx
04-29-2005, 02:16 PM
Even assuming that UTG doesnt cap here, which he will sometimes...At 3.75 to 1, is this a good call pf? I am also considering that this is not a Blind Stealing situation. The pf action is coming from UTG and MP.

Please explain why you think it is a good call.

Nikla
04-29-2005, 02:19 PM
I don't like the call PF. I prefer leading flop as opposed to your line.

Girchuck
04-29-2005, 02:28 PM
if you check-raise this turn, you might still get river action from a worst hand. If you bet and 3bet you will only get river action from better hand.

Ian J
04-29-2005, 04:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I bet the flop

[/ QUOTE ]

Good stuff. Lots of times UTG is going to call w/ his gutshot or top pair or 2nd pair or whatever, then MP will raise and you can 3 bet. The OP's line of checking the flop is bad because now you will get no money from UTG if you checkraise and if you check call you're giving him good odds on a broadway heavy flop.

NLSoldier
04-29-2005, 06:01 PM
When did the name change from gaybet to donkbet? I liked gaybet alot better.

kurosh
04-29-2005, 08:32 PM
Oh, it doesn't show it but someone posted dead. That changed it from marginal to easy call in my mind.

kurosh
04-29-2005, 08:32 PM
I do too but I don't think most people do.

kurosh
04-29-2005, 08:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Good stuff. Lots of times UTG is going to call w/ his gutshot or top pair or 2nd pair or whatever, then MP will raise and you can 3 bet. The OP's line of checking the flop is bad because now you will get no money from UTG if you checkraise and if you check call you're giving him good odds on a broadway heavy flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

That was my reasoning behind leading the turn. I don't understand why everyone wants to lead the flop. They'll shut down pretty quickly if I 3-bet there. They're drawing pretty thin against me unless they have QT so I'm not worried about giving good odds on the flop.

sthief09
04-29-2005, 09:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That was my reasoning behind leading the turn. I don't understand why everyone wants to lead the flop. They'll shut down pretty quickly if I 3-bet there. They're drawing pretty thin against me unless they have QT so I'm not worried about giving good odds on the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

I never said 3-bet the flop. depending on the action, you can stop n go or checkraise the turn. your line worked out fine, but I think betting gets more bets in the pot consistently