PDA

View Full Version : 1/2 NL Foxwoods Game, Question on the Rebuy

jhall23
04-29-2005, 12:04 PM
I've only played this game once before and bought in for the full 100 and wasn't exactly clear on the rebuy rule. I know that when you get below 40 you can rebuy, but is it only back up to 100 or can you rebuy for a full 100, bringing you stack to ~139 if you had 39?

If you can rebuy for a full 100 is it legit to just buy in short for 40, post a blind and then buy in for 100 more so that you can have a slightly normal sized stack?

Thanks

Ghazban
04-29-2005, 12:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I've only played this game once before and bought in for the full 100 and wasn't exactly clear on the rebuy rule. I know that when you get below 40 you can rebuy, but is it only back up to 100 or can you rebuy for a full 100, bringing you stack to ~139 if you had 39?

[/ QUOTE ]

You can rebuy for any amount up to $100 more once you drop below $40.

[ QUOTE ]
If you can rebuy for a full 100 is it legit to just buy in short for 40, post a blind and then buy in for 100 more so that you can have a slightly normal sized stack?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, but you'll probably get aces that hand and be annoyed that you can only win a small pot. A better way is to buy for $40, tip the dealer/waitress (or pay the time charge) then immediately buy for $100 more before posting a blind.

jhall23
04-29-2005, 12:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, but you'll probably get aces that hand and be annoyed that you can only win a small pot. A better way is to buy for $40, tip the dealer/waitress (or pay the time charge) then immediately buy for $100 more before posting a blind.

[/ QUOTE ]

NH /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Is that what you normally do, or do you just play with 50xbb?

Also, I'll be there tonight and tomorrow. A bunch of friends are going and staying overnight and I should be playing this game pretty exclusively (hopefully the waits won't be bad on Friday). If your around I'll see if I can spot you card protector and say hi.

Ghazban
04-29-2005, 12:55 PM
I just buy for $100. Its not optimal but buying for $40 then getting $100 more after the first hand is always something I look for when a new person sits down. It doesn't imply that they're necessarily any good, but it at least gives me information that they've played the game before (probably on multiple occasions).

My card protector has, sadly, been retired. One of the elastic bands inside him broke and he isn't as stable as he used to be /images/graemlins/frown.gif I'm using one of TenPercenter's $1000 chips (the Anubis head from the Egyptian set-- do a search in Home Poker if you don't know what I'm talking about) now.

I'll be there Saturday playing 4/8 limit for a change. I'd like to get my overall negative in that section of my database turned around.

jhall23
04-29-2005, 01:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I just buy for $100. Its not optimal but buying for $40 then getting $100 more after the first hand is always something I look for when a new person sits down. It doesn't imply that they're necessarily any good, but it at least gives me information that they've played the game before (probably on multiple occasions).

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I'll probably just buy in for 100 just cause I might feel weird pulling that shenanigan. Just curious if it was legit. At least now I know I can rebuy for a full 100 more if I get below 40.

[ QUOTE ]

My card protector has, sadly, been retired. One of the elastic bands inside him broke and he isn't as stable as he used to be /images/graemlins/frown.gif I'm using one of TenPercenter's $1000 chips (the Anubis head from the Egyptian set-- do a search in Home Poker if you don't know what I'm talking about) now.

I'll be there Saturday playing 4/8 limit for a change. I'd like to get my overall negative in that section of my database turned around.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have seen that chip set so I know what you are talking about. I'll see if I can find you this time.

mgsimpleton
04-30-2005, 02:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The loss in EV from having people know you are potentially good is far outweighed by the increase in EV in having 50% as much to double up with on the fish who has gotten lucky a number of times and has a huge stack.

That being said, I play the 5/5 now and I think I'm the fish =\... maybe never again try bluffing 850 into a 1700 dollar pot and hope not to get called?