PDA

View Full Version : consensus on most profitable game type?

gasoltub
04-29-2005, 10:27 AM
Is there a consensus on the most profitable game type?
FL, PL, NL? SnG? MTT's? Some kind of Omaha? You name it.

I'm currently only playing limit and my plan is to "master" it before playing any other type just so I don't mix up strategies and concepts while learning.

Yes, I know I won't "master" it in my lifetime /images/graemlins/wink.gif But I will continue with limit until I can at least beat 3/6 or maybe even 5/10. I'm currently at 1/2 for ~3BB/100 over 30K hands, so getting to 5/10 will probably take a while /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Should post a poll about this? Or perhaps there is already a thread with the answers to these questions?

witeknite
04-29-2005, 11:19 AM
I'd have to say 6-max. You will probably find 5/10 full to be pretty craptacular. I'm sure it's beatable, but why bother.

WiteKnite

gasoltub
04-29-2005, 11:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'd have to say 6-max. You will probably find 5/10 full to be pretty craptacular. I'm sure it's beatable, but why bother.

[/ QUOTE ]

6-max at what level?

witeknite
04-29-2005, 11:31 AM
Any.

WiteKnite

Rudbaeck
04-29-2005, 12:14 PM
NL 5-card stud. Off course you never see this spread, as the skill vs luck factor is remarkably out of whack.

Of the games currently spread on a regular basis it's NL hold'em. PL omaha is probably a close second, atleast online.

gasoltub
04-29-2005, 02:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
NL 5-card stud. Off course you never see this spread, as the skill vs luck factor is remarkably out of whack.

Of the games currently spread on a regular basis it's NL hold'em. PL omaha is probably a close second, atleast online.

[/ QUOTE ]

So what's the reason to play limit holdem? Better game availability?

Recliner
04-29-2005, 02:28 PM
Um... it makes more rake for the card room? Less skill involved? The ability to play tons of tables for rakeback?

FlFishOn
04-29-2005, 03:05 PM
The highest ratio of win/100 to bankroll size must be big bet poker. Specifically I'm thinking NL holdem or PL O8. This assumes a highly skilled player.

In NL holdem a true wizard will rarely lose. I am far from that level and I managed to pull off a 66 day win streak. If you never have a losing day you don't need much for a BR hence you have a really great ROI.

Rudbaeck
04-29-2005, 04:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The fish come back. While NL is having a renaissance it's well worth taking advantage of it though.

tripdad
04-29-2005, 05:19 PM
most players more knowledgable than myself say P/L O8 is the most profitable game for a skilled player. the reason is that the bad players draw to non nut hands.

cheers!

Bremen
04-29-2005, 05:24 PM
I know quite a few of the SNG posters will say party SNGs have a much lower variance than ring games. Of course comparing winrates is a little difficult. But I probably make more/hr at $10 SNGs than at 2/4. Of course my 2/4 winrate is nothing to brag about...

emonrad87
04-29-2005, 06:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I am far from that level and I managed to pull off a 66 day win streak.

[/ QUOTE ]

Any weak-tight idiot can pull off your win streak when they include bonuses and rakeback like you did...

gergery
04-29-2005, 07:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Because you can’t play more than 3-4 tables of NL at once since you need reads.

Some here can 12-table limit holdem, and NL is not 4x as profitable/100 hands.

FlFishOn
04-29-2005, 09:24 PM
"Any weak-tight idiot can pull off your win streak when they include bonuses and rakeback like you did... "

Very easy to say. A bit tougher to do.

David
04-30-2005, 02:51 AM
On a per tables basis, PL Omaha8 without a doubt. The problem is........it is very hard to play more than 2 tables at a time with any proficiency. I play alot of PLO8 and find 2 tables my limit if I want to play my best. I am sure others are able to play more, but I would question what it does to their winrate when they play more than 2.