PDA

View Full Version : How fast do make your play?

Barcalounger
04-29-2005, 09:21 AM
I multi-table so making snap decisions is key. Whether it be fold or poooosh, I usually take almost no time to act unless I happen to be bubbling on a couple other tables.

I know that online reading of other players according to how fast they bet is flawed at best. However, there are opponents out there that are trying to do just that. How much am I giving up by not milking the clock in certain situations? What situations would they be?

raptor517
04-29-2005, 09:30 AM
you give up nothing if all of your decions are made in the same time frame, which would be as soon as you get to the table. i make all of my decisions pretty much instantly. if you think you can get a read on me, then by all means, take my money. holla

Freudian
04-29-2005, 09:37 AM
I make my decision as fast as possible, no matter what. I don't believe in the concept of inducing action by acting slow (but I do believe others think so and act accordingly, which I can exploit).

Tilt
04-29-2005, 09:39 AM
Sometimes I go through the effort of trying to figure out who is multitabling. If they are not then I will watch for preflop pauses from players who are usually crisp with their actions. Its amazing how often you can sniff out AA/KK this way even if they limp.

Of course I don't think when you are playing 4 monitors 3 websites and 24 tables that you can really add that to your game....

raptor517
04-29-2005, 09:41 AM
well, if yer good at it you can. holla

Barcalounger
04-29-2005, 09:55 AM
Can you gain FE against such players by milking the clock on a fold? I know this strategy is used by pros in live tournies, but does it translate online?

Tilt
04-29-2005, 10:02 AM
Ill tell you one place where it matters a lot. If you plan on doing a stop n go, say against a min raise form the BB when you plan on bluffing cold, take your time. Its a tell if you pull that move off too quickly IMO.

I failed to respect this point myself last night in a game, and I got snapped off by A high.

Freudian
04-29-2005, 10:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Ill tell you one place where it matters a lot. If you plan on doing a stop n go, say against a min raise form the BB when you plan on bluffing cold, take your time. Its a tell if you pull that move off too quickly IMO.

I failed to respect this point myself last night in a game, and I got snapped off by A high.

[/ QUOTE ]

Which could have happened no matter when you made your bet.

I don't think the Stop'n'go is a particularly well disguised play. Normally you can see it coming from a mile away.

Tilt
04-29-2005, 10:22 AM
Its a good point. I usually only use it after I have pulled the same move earlier in a game when I have actually spiked a hand.

Scuba Chuck
04-29-2005, 01:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
How much am I giving up by not milking the clock in certain situations? What situations would they be?

[/ QUOTE ]

You should take all the time you need to make the correct/best decision.

Cleveland Guy
04-29-2005, 02:14 PM
I think on pokerroom - there is a option that randomized how quickly I act after I enter my bet/fold.

I use this so no one can get a read on me.