PDA

View Full Version : School Zones...

jakethebake
04-29-2005, 08:34 AM
What's with school zones around high schools. If a 15 year-old kid can't cross the street by himself he needs to be removed from the gene pool anyway. And slowing all the cars down to 15 mph just encourages the kids to run out in traffic instead of walking to the corner. I felt like I was in a game of frogger this morning. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

mmbt0ne
04-29-2005, 08:36 AM
So, how much was the ticket?

jakethebake
04-29-2005, 08:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
So, how much was the ticket?

[/ QUOTE ]

No ticket. I drive slow thru school zones.

tbach24
04-29-2005, 08:47 AM
I don't really care for them either, but I always came in the back road to my high school and at my new school we're way away from any roads.

I almost got hit the other day, and I'm pretty sure it wasn't my fault.

I was walking along a semi-major road (by that I mean there are always cars on it, but rarely major traffic). So there's about four cars heading down it, and the front one stops. A car about to take a left turn out of a narrow side street goes and I start to run across. Then the moran who stopped initially guns it and when I'm there stops, beeps and starts yelling at me. It seemed very obvious that since he stopped, he should've been heading down the side street since he had right of way to continue and there were people behind him. So, I didn't make a mistake, right?

bosoxfan
04-29-2005, 08:56 AM
I always thought that a better way to keep the kids from getting run over would to be not allow parking on the street in front of schools.

jakethebake
04-29-2005, 09:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I always thought that a better way to keep the kids from getting run over would to be not allow parking on the street in front of schools.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point. You can't even see them before they run out from between the cars.

jakethebake
04-29-2005, 09:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I start to run across.

[/ QUOTE ]

See what I mean?

tbach24
04-29-2005, 09:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I start to run across.

[/ QUOTE ]

See what I mean?

[/ QUOTE ]

lol. non-school zone. in the middle of wiscasset, i'm not sure they even have schools there. it is maine