PDA

View Full Version : Lose all your chips in the first level with the 2nd nuts?

Sykes
04-29-2005, 08:19 AM
http://www.pokerhand.org/index.php?page=view&hand=57076

Just bad luck?

Please don't just view and not reply. Replies are wanted.

nuclear500
04-29-2005, 08:58 AM
No raise out of the Jacks? He deserved to lose his money. You generally don't want a flop with Jacks if you can avoid it.

K4c UTG? Quite sad.

Misplayed by everyone in the pot.

But to answer your question, yah..I might lose my money. But honestly, I'd give a guy credit for limping with AK and toss K9.

But of course, I am a scrub. Don't listen to me.

apd138
04-29-2005, 11:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
No raise out of the Jacks? He deserved to lose his money. You generally don't want a flop with Jacks if you can avoid it.

K4c UTG? Quite sad.

Misplayed by everyone in the pot.

But to answer your question, yah..I might lose my money. But honestly, I'd give a guy credit for limping with AK and toss K9.

But of course, I am a scrub. Don't listen to me.

[/ QUOTE ] I can't really tell who had what hand from that link, but if you are telling him to fold k9 here when everyone goes crazy on the flop I think that is wrong.

tech
04-29-2005, 12:00 PM
I fold preflop. If I had stayed, I almost certainly lose all my chips here too, FWIW.

Jason Strasser
04-29-2005, 12:06 PM
I think folding preflop is a leak.

You are getting 11:1 against some poor players who are, judging by this hand, capable of some horrible things. You really cant justify a fold here with any 2 cards unless you really arent comfortable postflop at all or just can't play cards.

-Jason

Jason Strasser
04-29-2005, 12:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Terrible.

sabre170
04-29-2005, 12:17 PM
I would fold this preflop.
If I somehow saw the flop, I would definitely go broke.
Had someone raised 3BB preflop, I might be able to put them on AK and fold. But as it played out, you were way ahead on the flop and correct to call all-in.

Sabre170

valenzuela
04-29-2005, 12:23 PM
if they dont suck out on u dont post here....sigh.
Anyway u played it fine.

ilya
04-29-2005, 12:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I fold preflop. If I had stayed, I almost certainly lose all my chips here too, FWIW.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you often fold preflop in the Big Blind in an unraised pot?

ilya
04-29-2005, 12:32 PM
Good job not folding before the flop (as some people have suggested doing)! Way to not surrender your big blind to no raise.

On the flop I think you played g00t. You didn't try to get too cute with a hand that, although almost certainly best, was vulnerable to draws. Betting out large was another good option, as this flop could easily have hit your opponents pretty hard. No way you could have gotten away from the hand. Tough beat.

AJo Go All In
04-29-2005, 12:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think folding preflop is a leak.

You are getting 11:1 against some poor players who are, judging by this hand, capable of some horrible things. You really cant justify a fold here with any 2 cards unless you really arent comfortable postflop at all or just can't play cards.

-Jason

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree. luckily, i don't have this problem, because every time i try to fold in this situation, the computer says "Checking is free. Are you sure you want to fold?" and i think better of it.

The Yugoslavian
04-29-2005, 12:44 PM
Even I don't fold this hand pre-flop. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Your whole line looks fine....this is really more of a bad beat dealio. I'm not sure any richer discussion is necessary.

Yugoslav

nuclear500
04-29-2005, 12:47 PM
I meant in a multi-way pot.

wuwei
04-29-2005, 01:12 PM
It happens...

snap
04-29-2005, 01:21 PM
You flopped a monster...all that action will pay you off more times than not.

It sucks when people bust you on crap...but it happens.

tech
04-29-2005, 03:40 PM
Sorry for the confusion. I am not used to UB hand histories and I thought hero was SB, not BB.

Unarmed
04-29-2005, 03:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You really cant justify a fold here with any 2 cards unless you really arent comfortable postflop at all or just can't play cards.

[/ QUOTE ]

Or you're a SNG player.
What's a flop?

I can think of quite a few hands I'd fold there if he actually was SB. Hero is what, 3.5% or whatever to hit two pair or better, not including the crappy end of an xyy flop.

Bah. I'd rather fold my SB and hope someone notices and writes "Tight" in my notes box.

Apathy
04-29-2005, 04:03 PM
I can't believe the some of the replies here:

Fold PF?!? I'd call in a heartbeat with players this bad

Luckily I don't think anyone said fold on the flop, that would be insane.

This is clearly just a bad beat post, please do not post about bad beats. Thank You.

bones
04-29-2005, 04:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What's a flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

The SNG equivalent of shuffle time in a live game.

Voltron87
04-29-2005, 05:03 PM
I lose all my money here.

I call here preflop, bet the flop decently big and then proceed to lose all my chips.

This is not laydownable on any street given the competition.