PDA

View Full Version : If you live in Oklahoma, or the Dallas-Fort Worth area, read this

Elecman
04-29-2005, 06:35 AM
I'm originally from Fort worth, and I go to the University of Oklahoma....and I feel like i could really use a poker buddy. Someone I can talk to and watch play, and vice-versa(sp?) I just moved up to 10/20SH about a month and a half ago, and i know this would benefit me tremendously. I dont have enough hands, but i'm guessing i beat the game for 1.5-2BB. I need to work on getting my vpip up (~22 currently). I recently ran into NLsoldier and talked to him through AIM, which inspired me to write this post. I'll be here through finals, and then be back in FW for the summer.
Anyone interested or know anyone who might be?

This is a new handle, so i'm not as much of a noob as my whopping 6 posts indicate. I'll probably have to bump this tomorrow afternoon, since it's 5:30 am here. Also, dont bother e-mailing me through my 2+2 registered email acct. I never check it. You can catch me on AIM though- screen name: Melvin Doad ...but also reply here.

witeknite
04-29-2005, 01:18 PM
I live in Arlington, but I'm not sure how much time I'll have during the summer. I'm going to be taking a couple of summer classes which kills my evenings.

WiteKnite

Elecman
04-29-2005, 05:19 PM
I'm taking a couple classes at UTA this summer. Is that where you'll be taking them? what limits do you play?
I'd just pm but i needed to bump like i said

witeknite
04-29-2005, 05:54 PM
I have two more cheap classes at TCC left. I'd be starting at UTA this summer but I took the spring semester off since my son was born in January. I've worked my way from .05/.10 up to 5/10. I found that 5/10 full stank so I went to 6-max. Then variance hit and it hit hard. This lead to my post-flop play weakening which only made matters worse. I'm now playing half 2/4 and half 3/6 5-max on PokerRoom to pad my roll. I should be back on the Party short-bus in a month. What part of FW? N,S,E,W?

Further bumpage

WiteKnite

Elecman
04-29-2005, 07:15 PM
My dad lives really close to TCU, so i guess thats central fort worth. Mom lives in southwest FW. I don't know where i'll be. My dad's into real estate and if he buys a house before i get home for the summer, it'll be mine to live in until i go back to school - and i have no idea what part of the city that'll be in. Probably near TCU. I used to work in the Parks mall...at the Lovesac. haha, you ever been in there? Where did you go to high school? i went to paschal.

witeknite
05-02-2005, 12:21 PM
Either way you wouldn't be to far from where I live. My house in SW Arlington, right near Kenedale. When are you going to be moving? Also, to answer your question, I went to Lamar.

WiteKnite

Elecman
05-02-2005, 02:01 PM
I should be home may 12th or 13th. Some time around then.