PDA

View Full Version : Underboat on the river

Chris Daddy Cool
04-29-2005, 05:37 AM
party poker 5/10 6 max

a decent button raises. sb folds. i 3-bet from the bb with J /images/graemlins/heart.gifT /images/graemlins/heart.gif, button calls.

flop: J /images/graemlins/club.gifJ /images/graemlins/diamond.gif7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

I bet. He calls.

Turn: A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

I check. He bets. I raise. He calls.

River: A /images/graemlins/club.gif

What is my best option?

IndianOcean
04-29-2005, 05:43 AM
I would go for a check call on the river.
Betting out is not very wise on the river with that board

MAxx
04-29-2005, 08:12 AM
i check call. it would be difficult to bet-fold here. you would be setting yourself up for a bad bet-call. what would he call here with that you beat anyway? If you are still ahead, you might as well hope to induce a bluff by checking.

mperich
04-29-2005, 08:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i check call. it would be difficult to bet-fold here. you would be setting yourself up for a bad bet-call. what would he call here with that you beat anyway? If you are still ahead, you might as well hope to induce a bluff by checking.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree that this is not just the best line, but the ONLY line, for the reasons stated above.

-Mike

davidross
04-29-2005, 09:39 AM
Curious if I was the button, I think I remember this hand. Do you have the name?

Alobar
04-29-2005, 10:11 AM
not really any worse hands that are going to call here. I check/call. Your only hope of a call is if he has a K (sans ace of course), and I cant think of any K hands (besides KK) that call your turn checkraise. So hes either got an A, or a crap hand he isnt calling with.

I just call in the BB with a JTs . Am I playing that wrong?

MAxx
04-29-2005, 10:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I just call in the BB with a JTs . Am I playing that wrong?

[/ QUOTE ]

Alobar, IMO- You can go either way here pf with JTs.

Part of it is value, part of it is resteal. A decent button is stealing a good bit of the time. A decent reaction to a decent button who is stealing frequently is to 3bet.

sthief09
04-29-2005, 01:17 PM
you're not doing it for value. button's range of hands beats JTs. I think waiting for a check-raiseable flop (which is many) to check-raise is better than 3-betting.