PDA

View Full Version : My Gamesgrid review, day 1

Shoe
04-29-2005, 04:56 AM
Well, I decided to take the plunge and join gamesgrid tonight, for both the amazing bonus and the VFP program.

Overall, I think it is a good site, but I do have a few gripes. The games were fairly tight, but definitely beatable. I was pretty drunk or I probably would have won more than the small amount I did win, however, when you add in the bonus and the VFP program, I made a nice profit. The bonus is slow to clear, only about $2-$3 per hour at $2/$4 and $3/$6, but the VFP program makes up for that. However, the VFP program is too good to last, as described in my post here (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=inet&Number=2272181&Forum= ,All_Forums,&Words=&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Main=226 8445&Search=true&where=&Name=14225&daterange=&newe rval=&newertype=&olderval=&oldertype=&bodyprev=#Po st2272181) .

The site is off to a good start, but here are my few suggestions for improvement:

1. When it is your turn to act, make the table pop up to the front of the screen, and make a loud beep(s). I timed out several times because I did not know it was my turn.

2. Add a 4-color deck.

3. There is not a huge game selection yet, there were only about 5 tables running while i was playing, however I have observed during prime time and they had a few more tables going then. The site is definitely growing fast though, so I don't think this will be a problem for long.

That's it for my complaints so far. Everything else is golden.

HesseJam
04-29-2005, 05:05 AM
I did the the plunge too, yesterday.

I fully agree to your points 1-3, especially point 1.

*** Thank you ***

Shoe
04-29-2005, 05:06 AM
Deleted, sorry was not really thinking when I wrote that.

Non_Comformist
04-29-2005, 05:17 AM
You should email them 1&2.

mc1
04-29-2005, 06:11 AM
I find it infuriating that very few sites i.e. prima and perhaps UB(maybe others) have sounds settings that say alert sounds only.

I hate the chip/dealer sounds but I need a Loud Alert sound only to stop me missing my go when multi tabling.

Baulucky
04-29-2005, 06:39 AM
4-Add a waiting list.

HesseJam
04-29-2005, 07:03 AM
With most of the softwares you can exchange their sound files with your own sound files.

Non_Comformist
04-29-2005, 07:30 AM
Dear Gamesgrid

I would like to take this opportunity to say that I along with many players are pleased that you are joining the online poker community. Many players have already expressed excitement over the promos you are offering a desire to see your site succeed. While I am in no way affiliated with the site in any official or unofficial way I would like to invite you to participate on the 2+2 poker forums at

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/postlist.php?Cat=&Board=inet

There is currently several disussions on going concerning gamesgrid poker.

A few sites have representatives who particpate in the discusssions on a regular basis and have found it to be very beneficial. Here you will be able to inform players of promotions, deal with problems, and exchange ideas with some of the sharpest poker minds available on the internet. This is also an excellent opportunity to further the word of mouth about gamesgrid poker and paid advertising is available as well.

Again I want to make clear that other than being a member I am in no way an agent or representative of 2+2, and if you do decide to participate on the forum, I would invite you to become familar with the terms of use.

thank you

Baulucky
04-29-2005, 07:44 AM
/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Rudbaeck
04-29-2005, 07:53 AM
From my discussions with them I think 4-color deck is "any day now", a mute button the next thing and waiting lists pretty damn soon after that. I don't think they anticipated the growth they got.

Sniping seats for 8 tables is hard work!

HesseJam
04-29-2005, 09:49 AM
Dear Gamesgrid,

my wish list, prioritized:

- You have this (at least for me) unique table layout, where the table is quadratic and the buttons are to the right. That's something I have to get used to and I will. But it made me thinking that this would be a great opportunity to move the buttons below the table so that people with a crappy monitor like me could multitable two tables on one screen without any overlap! This would clearly set Gamesgrid apart from competitors.
I understand that the FP2001 guys would not like it because then they could no longer fit 4 tables on one screen. So, how about making this optional? I know that this is asking a lot but I think it would lure more people in.

- Please do not install a PT-friendly hand history regime. I use PT everywhere and it is a nice change to not having to use it and not worrying about that stuff and I can concentrate on real poker.

- As already said above, it is difficult to pick up when it is my turn to act. Do something about that! Popping the window, sounding an alert and maybe changing the colour of the action buttons (or make them bigger, please no flashing!) would do the trick.

- four coloured deck

- waiting list

Non_Comformist
04-29-2005, 09:56 AM
I cannot not think of one good reason why a winning player would not want pokertracker.

SinSixer
04-29-2005, 10:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I cannot not think of one good reason why a winning player would not want pokertracker.

[/ QUOTE ]

One good reason: Other good players using pokertracker.

If you have good hand reading and playing pattern recognition (essential for live poker) then you have an edge on your opponents. Pokertracker levels this playing field.

HesseJam
04-29-2005, 10:12 AM
- Not having to go through the ordeal to fire up the ole PT & GT+ ,
- having to tweak the PT settings after you came from a different site,
- level playing field,
- PT + GT+ + 4 tables bog down older computers,
- to train for B&M.

HesseJam
04-29-2005, 10:15 AM
It's probably going to happen anyway because you'll need the multitablers to generate a lot of tables. You are not going to have a better table selection per se, but it looks better to new customers.

HesseJam
04-29-2005, 10:17 AM
Another idea: Why not offer tables with and without HHs? Like Party offering tables with and without disconnect prtotect.

Non_Comformist
04-29-2005, 10:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you have good hand reading and playing pattern recognition (essential for live poker) then you have an edge on your opponents. Pokertracker levels this playing field.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you are talking about playerview not pokertracker.

Non_Comformist
04-29-2005, 10:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
- Not having to go through the ordeal to fire up the ole PT & GT+ ,
- having to tweak the PT settings after you came from a different site,
- level playing field,
- PT + GT+ + 4 tables bog down older computers,
- to train for B&M.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya you are not required to do any that. Instead you could simply wait until the end of the session, upload load your hands for your own record keeping and review.

Non_Comformist
04-29-2005, 10:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wouldn't you have an even greater advantage? I thought poker was a game about using as much information available to make the best decisions.

I could be wrong though as I don't rely on winning money from other good players but rather the bad ones. In this endeavour having as much information as possible seems to help.

HesseJam
04-29-2005, 10:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Wouldn't you have an even greater advantage? I thought poker was a game about using as much information available to make the best decisions.

[/ QUOTE ]

I assume, at the moment, 90% of all player hands on GG would use PT and PV or GT+ if it was possible.

Non_Comformist
04-29-2005, 10:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I assume, at the moment, 90% of all player hands on GG would use PT and PV or GT+ if it was possible.

[/ QUOTE ]

so I take it you believe that without pokertracker you have an advantage over these 90%ers who are astute enough to use it the first place, and that you would lose this advantage if these tools were avialable?

HesseJam
04-29-2005, 10:45 AM
Just to clarify: I am using PT myself. And I would use it on GG if HHs were available. As GG is now, I found it a nice change playing without PT and GT+ without fearing giving up too much to other players. Clear enough?

SinSixer
04-29-2005, 10:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Wouldn't you have an even greater advantage?

[/ QUOTE ]

Rididculous. If you and your opponent both apply the same strategy, but you profile and read players just as good (or nearly as good) as what pokertracker gives you, you have a big edge. If he uses PT, your reading skills are nuetralized and you both are playing on the same information.

Willy
04-29-2005, 11:31 AM
5. add a waiting list
6. add a waiting list
7. dito .......

grimel
04-29-2005, 11:56 AM
Under games uncheck all the boxes. You'll be suprized at the game selection (razz, triple draw, etc). This I learned last night.

Rudbaeck
04-29-2005, 12:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Under games uncheck all the boxes. You'll be suprized at the game selection (razz, triple draw, etc). This I learned last night.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mmm, dealer's choice of their game selection would be wicked. (There is going to be both dealer's choice and wild choice. I want it now!)

grimel
04-29-2005, 12:24 PM
play games other than hold em - razz, omaha, triple draw, & stud.

jmrogers7
04-29-2005, 12:32 PM
Don't like the co-mingling of real-money games and play-money games in the same list. Paradise does this as well and it is bothersome. A separate tab would be appropriate.

SCfuji
04-29-2005, 12:33 PM
theres some crazy azz 1/2 NL 200 max buyin game going on with a lot of the players sitting with thousands. these guys are hardcore gamblers...

Sheriff Fatman
04-29-2005, 12:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
theres some crazy azz 1/2 NL 200 max buyin game going on with a lot of the players sitting with thousands. these guys are hardcore gamblers...

[/ QUOTE ]

FC = Free Chips

Sheriff

jcx
04-29-2005, 12:47 PM
They changed their rake structure - they now rake $2-4 when the pot reaches $5. I believe they also rake a quarter if you steal the blinds - that seems kind of chintzy. Heven't played $3-6 yet today, don't know if this was modified as well. I'll accept it if it keeps the VFP program alive though -I've got a nice payment coming on monday.

jmrogers7
04-29-2005, 12:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

FC = Free Chips

Sheriff

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya see!? Separate tabs, man. Separate tabs.

Sheriff Fatman
04-29-2005, 12:59 PM
You can exclude the Free Chip tables with the filters on the left hand side. Much better without them.

Sheriff

jmrogers7
04-29-2005, 01:11 PM
Ah, must've missed that checkbox. Thanks, Sheriff.

Etric
04-29-2005, 01:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
They changed their rake structure - they now rake $2-4 when the pot reaches $5. I believe they also rake a quarter if you steal the blinds - that seems kind of chintzy. Heven't played $3-6 yet today, don't know if this was modified as well. I'll accept it if it keeps the VFP program alive though -I've got a nice payment coming on monday.

[/ QUOTE ]

They do not rake blind steals at 2/4 or 3/6.

They do rake $0.25 per $5 now though. It used to be $1 per $20. The old rake schedule is still posted on their FAQ.

gila
04-29-2005, 01:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
They changed their rake structure - they now rake $2-4 when the pot reaches $5. I believe they also rake a quarter if you steal the blinds - that seems kind of chintzy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Where do you see this?

Etric
04-29-2005, 01:32 PM
They were doing it today while you were at the table. Look at the bright green chips they have now.

gila
04-29-2005, 01:35 PM
Ah, I was wondering what those were.

jcx
04-29-2005, 01:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

They do rake $0.25 per $5 now though. It used to be $1 per $20. The old rake schedule is still posted on their FAQ.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've seen several blind steals where a .25 chip flashes quickly as rake, and the pot is then rounded up to $5. I actually just pulled off a blind steal and was given the full $5, so I guess you are right. The .25 definitely flashes though. This appears to be a bug that needs correcting.

caseclosed326
04-29-2005, 02:11 PM
they told me these games are programed and ready too but they dont want to scare people off or divide them too thin with too many options so they are waiting to add them. so all we need to do is get a few people to request and they said they could set it up.

Etric
04-29-2005, 02:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I've seen several blind steals where a .25 chip flashes quickly as rake, and the pot is then rounded up to $5. I actually just pulled off a blind steal and was given the full $5, so I guess you are right. The .25 definitely flashes though. This appears to be a bug that needs correcting.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, it does that at 3/6 when you blind steal too. It breaks the chips down for a second and then gives you the full amount without raking it.

grimel
04-29-2005, 03:14 PM
well, I was playing razz last night