PDA

View Full Version : I don't like my line, but what's a better one?

xorbie
04-29-2005, 04:24 AM
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (7 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

BB ($14.15)
UTG ($30.1)
MP1 ($40.1)
MP2 ($32)
Hero ($80.85)
Button ($11.85)
SB ($54.6)

Preflop: Hero is CO with T/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. SB posts a blind of $0.1.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises to $2</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls $2, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>.

Flop: ($4.35) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets $2</font>, Hero calls $2.

Turn: ($8.35) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets $3</font>, Hero calls $3.

River: ($14.35) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets $5</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $13</font>...

The river bet was supposed to be $15 but my slider didn't quite make it.

So throughout the hand I'm very confused. His possibly holds are basically a made flush (I'm f*cked), an overpair with no diamond, an overpair with a diamond, a single higher diamond, or just a complete bluff.

Sooo.. does anyone hate the way I played it? What's better? Raising the flop? Turn? Just folding somewhere?

Jazza
04-29-2005, 05:02 AM
if the turned brick were you gonna call a bet? If so I recomend raising the turn to charge him to draw if he has just a high diamond

fold to a reraise and check behind on the river except if a T comes

just my opinion

xorbie
04-29-2005, 05:05 AM
You mean river bricked? I don't know. If he bet $3 again, I might just have to call. I agree that I want to charge him for a /images/graemlins/diamond.gif, but I'm not sure he has one. The tricky thing is that I have no idea which one of us is even drawing here.

JaBlue
04-29-2005, 05:09 AM
I would raise the flop here. You have an overpair and a decent draw. I really would prefer not to see the 4th diamond though.

RED FACE
04-29-2005, 09:53 AM
If you're slowplaying your overpair vs what you think is a continuation better then your play is perfect though a little too loose for me. Otherwise you should raise the flop to see where you're at. Most likely he will only 3 bet with overpair and will fold AK type hands but call them with the diamond draw - either way you have a much better idea where you're at. Only fear is he calls with AK/Q of diamonds slowplaying you but how likely is that?

spoohunter
04-29-2005, 10:01 AM
8 on the flop, take it from there.

soah
04-29-2005, 11:05 AM
Did this guy routinely underbet the pot all the time? If not, I am inclined to raise him on the flop, and if he calls that, then I bet about 2/3 pot on the turn and take a free showdown on any river other than a ten. I may wait until the turn to raise though, as there are a number of ugly cards that could still fall and it may be worth it to just keep the pot smaller, even at the risk of letting him catch something to beat you. (If he has two overcards with a diamond on the flop then you're not even a favorite with two cards to come.)

-Skeme-
04-29-2005, 11:10 AM
I'd probably call the flop and then raise the turn.

etgryphon
04-29-2005, 12:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If he has two overcards with a diamond on the flop then you're not even a favorite with two cards to come.

[/ QUOTE ]

True. I think that this is a reason to maybe jack it up here or the turn. I needs to be done. I'm leaning for the turn because I think the flush draw will have less odds to call. I think I woudl make it a 2/3 - pot raise on the turn. You might get a push from him which may or may not be a good thing.

-Gryph

-Skeme-
04-29-2005, 12:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
(If he has two overcards with a diamond on the flop then you're not even a favorite with two cards to come.)

[/ QUOTE ]

Board: 5d 3d 8d

Hand 1: 51.1111 % [ 00.51 00.00 ] { TdTc }
Hand 2: 48.8889 % [ 00.49 00.00 ] { KhQd }

cfb1739
04-29-2005, 01:03 PM
I don't really have much of a problem with your line here. It's likely that he did not flop a flush. It's more likely that he is drawing to a flush w/ the A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif or K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif.

That being said, you may want to re-raise the flop and turn a little to charge him more for a draw. If he re-raises your raise, then you might be in trouble. At this point, I think you likely have the best hand. He looks very weak on every street.

I would raise the river to $10. Raising to $15 may induce a fold from a weaker hand that fears you have the flush. His river bet looks weak anyway, so you don't want to shut him out.

xorbie
04-29-2005, 02:08 PM
This guy definetely didn't routinely underbet, I hadn't really noticed anything much out of him (4 tabling, so I'm not paying the closest attention).

Basically my thinking here was that on the flop I could be in serious trouble. He can't be, because almost anything he has is drawing very live against me, so I'd like to take a turn and see what happens. At the time I wasn't sure which I wanted more, a diamond or a brick.

Anyway it bricks and he bets small again, so I'm fairly sure he either has AA/KK no diamond or overcards with one diamond. I'm also fairly sure he won't fold an overpair (but is unlikely to come over the top, given that he seems weak), and may or may not fold missed overcards.

Given that on the turn I can only fold out hands that I am actually ahead of, is this still a good policy? I understand charging for a flush draw, but I think it's only about 40/60 that he's the one drawing.

The river is really the only part of this hand I like. His firing a third (albeit small) barrell tells me he has AA/KK and will certainly call a decent size raise.

danno17
04-29-2005, 02:30 PM
I would definitely raise unless there was a small chance he's a maniac and would move in. Otherwise a flop raise is almost required to get a feel.

TheWorstPlayer
04-29-2005, 03:28 PM
It's been said but either raise the flop or call the flop, raise a safe turn. You can't wait until the river to raise because you have to charge him if he has AK with a diamond.