PDA

View Full Version : smoking alternative

cnfuzzd
04-29-2005, 03:49 AM
so tonight i realised that the hardest part about quitting smoking for me will be the fact that i no longer have a reason to exclude myself from the people i dislike that some of my friends hang out with, since they are non-smokers to the man. This will not do. If i have to put up with another [censored] conversation about stupid clothes, or stupid work, or what ever else inane [censored] drivel that spills forth from their mouth like so much [censored] from a cows ass, im going to rip out their unused brain and smoke that while i dance on their bloody carcassus. This should probably not happen. So i thought of taking up cloves, but i dont really know how they compare to cigarettes or anything. Any other thoughts besides just telling this collection of fools that they have about as much use as a pile of used enema bags?

peace

john nickle

Popinjay
04-29-2005, 03:51 AM
smoke a vapo

WillMagic
04-29-2005, 03:52 AM
You can totally spin this into a positive.

How good will telling those fools off feel?

Plus, you won't be smoking.

Win-win.

Will

Non_Comformist
04-29-2005, 03:58 AM
Just find people you like to hang out with.

Peace

Non Comformist

wacki
04-29-2005, 04:06 AM
Nickle, seriously, there are 1001 ways around this. Don't be a confrontation avoiding wuss.

If some guy started talking about cloths around me I would tease him for having a popped collar or something similar.

Or I would tell him flat out: "I'm sorry, I would have something to add to this conversation, but you see, I'M NOT GAY!"

Believe it or not, people take the second one a lot better then I expect them too.

Don't be a wuss dude, learn to deal with that [censored].

fimbulwinter
04-29-2005, 04:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
so tonight i realised that the hardest part about quitting smoking for me will be the fact that i no longer have a reason to exclude myself from the people i dislike that some of my friends hang out with, since they are non-smokers to the man. This will not do. If i have to put up with another [censored] conversation about stupid clothes, or stupid work, or what ever else inane [censored] drivel that spills forth from their mouth like so much [censored] from a cows ass, im going to rip out their unused brain and smoke that while i dance on their bloody carcassus. This should probably not happen. So i thought of taking up cloves, but i dont really know how they compare to cigarettes or anything. Any other thoughts besides just telling this collection of fools that they have about as much use as a pile of used enema bags?

peace

john nickle

[/ QUOTE ]

cloves are bad. nicotine is not the carcinogen, just the addicting agent. anything burned/inhaled will kill you eventually.

two options:

1. (my fav) Play the "insulting you without knowing it" game. interject any way you can with comments that are not insulting right off, but become insulting if pondered. like if someone says something wrong/stupid say "i agree that you would think that". the rush of maybe getting caught got me through many of my bad days when quitting.

2. drink water and piss a lot. seriously. i have some ex smoker friends who did it this way. say you have to piss whether you're pissing or stepping out to chug water. helps with the greasy withdrawl skin feeling too, from what i've heard.

fim

thatpfunk
04-29-2005, 04:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Or I would tell him flat out: "I'm sorry, I would have something to add to this conversation, but you see, I'M NOT GAY!"

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry Wacki, but if you said this to me I would shrug it off but make a nice little mental "Dumbfuck" check.

cnfuzzd
04-29-2005, 04:14 AM
its not even about avoiding the confrontation. If i felt like i had something to say to these fuckers, it would be said. I just really think that anything i said would be wasted on these guys. And its not really a group, just one or two in a larger collection of somewhat reasonable people...

i will probably just go with the find cooler people to hang option. Its probably time to do that again anyway...

anyway, thanks for the advice everyone.

peace

john nickle

wacki
04-29-2005, 04:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Sorry Wacki, but if you said this to me I would shrug it off but make a nice little mental "Dumbfuck" check.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's fine, but if you were talking about popped collars and gucci pants I would of checked the dumbfuck box a long time before you did. This is a friendly environment , not strangers at work. Plus, it's all about the delivery, you can actually say something like this in ways that aren't that offensive.

For instance, if someone asked me what I thought about their (insert brand name) pants. I would reply "I like steak, whiskey, and potatoes."

They would reply "What? No, no no what do you think about my pants?"

I would reply "I like steak, whiskey, and potatoes."

The point gets made without insulting them. THere are a million and one ways to do this.

wacki
04-29-2005, 04:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i will probably just go with the find cooler people to hang option. Its probably time to do that again anyway...

[/ QUOTE ]

Good for you.

Tron
04-29-2005, 04:24 AM
If someone asked me if I liked their pants, I would probably say "Yes" if I did, and "No" if I didn't.

wacki
04-29-2005, 04:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If someone asked me if I liked their pants, I would probably say "Yes" if I did, and "No" if I didn't.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's waaayyyyyyyy different then having an entire conversation about their pants.

Tron
04-29-2005, 04:32 AM
Yeah I guess you're right... I can't say I've ever had an actual conversation about someone's pants. Well, except maybe the act of getting into those of a fine lady harharhar

cnfuzzd
04-29-2005, 04:35 AM
wacki, i think the point of misunderstanding here is my involvement in these conversations. Its zero. Theres no way i would ever participate in such blatant idiocy. So, its not like i could just walk over and politely call these guys dumb fucks.

peace

john nickle

wacki
04-29-2005, 04:41 AM
Ya I figured, I was having fun more than anything else. It's not every day I get to post in a cnfzzd thread. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Man that sounded gay....

Anyway, I have a paper to write and I've been up way too long. Talk to you later. (OOT is my kryptonite)

mantasm
04-29-2005, 05:22 AM
Now John, you've got to wear clothes in proportion to your physique. There are definite do's and don'ts, good buddy, of wearing a bold-striped shirt. A bold-striped shirt calls for solid-colored or discreetly patterned suits and ties.

Shajen
04-29-2005, 10:27 AM
after you dance on their corpses, you can make a bong out of their spine.

Get new friends, PJN.

Either that or go the [censored] off on them.

YourFoxyGrandma
04-29-2005, 10:35 AM
Get a cell phone and pretend you're being called alot.

InchoateHand
04-29-2005, 12:40 PM
Cloves have nicotine. They are still tobacco, just with cloves. Don't trust the kids in black turtlenecks.

PS--take up smoking, you'll love it.

Arsene Lupin III
04-29-2005, 02:54 PM
<spicyf> smoke a bowl.