PDA

View Full Version : Massive Project, what software to use

valnas
04-29-2005, 03:20 AM
I'm doing a psychology/statistics project on what attributes win in online poker. Part of this is a statistical model showing player traits. For this I need to construct a massive database of hands from no limit games. What poker software would be best for importing from multiple hand histories to compile this, and what would be able to give me the sort of information of which player types are winning at large tables small tables etc, what type of players lose on the turn, river. Any advice would be really helpful.

P.S. if you have hand histories from said games, please fill my inbox with them at murpht@rpi.edu

Crispy86
04-29-2005, 09:34 AM
What exactly do you mean by what traits? Short of an actual playing style (tight, loose, aggressive, passive) I don't see how tons of hand histories will show a thing. Otherwise, just go to Party Poker and observe. Poker Tracker, or something similar, will give you the stats.

Dr_Freeze
04-29-2005, 05:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
what would be able to give me the sort of information of which player types are winning at large tables small tables etc, what type of players lose on the turn, river.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe I'm misunderstanding something, but isn't this the question that your project is designed to answer?

-Freeze

PhiGamTN
05-02-2005, 08:50 AM
seems like he is trying to find out where there are compilations of hand histories from various sites so he can track this data in PT. I personally don't know of any databases like these but maybe someone can help you out.