PDA

View Full Version : Differences across the limits

scotty34
04-29-2005, 03:10 AM
I know that this has probably been discussed many times over, but I don't think there is any thread that collects all that information in one place. I'm curious to know how the different limits on different sites compare to one another. Post your experiences at a given site/limit, or just post what you think is the general consensus for any of these. Give comparisons to other limits and pros/cons if possible.

Here's my experiences:

Party Poker .5/1 - An extremely loose game filled with a lot of loose passive players and maniacs. A table with 40%+ to a flop is not uncommon. This is by far the most profitable game I have seen (in terms of BB/100).

Party Poker 1/2 Full Ring - Almost a night and day difference from .5/1. A far tighter game, which has a lot of rocks, tight-weakies, and TAG's. I have rarely found games with over 30% to the flop. Good practise for learning about aggression and blind stealing. Also good for learning to play against better players, rather than complete donks.

Party Poker 2/4 - This has been my home as of late. I find it to be in the middle of .5/1 and 1/2 in terms of how tight people play. There are a lot more fish at 2/4 compared to 1/2. There are also a lot more TAG's than rocks. It is a much more aggressive game, and the variance seems larger.

Add your own experiences. I'm especially interested in Party 3/6, 5/10 (full and 6-max) as I hope to be there in the next few months.