PDA

View Full Version : 4 Handed Sit and Go question

HiatusOver
04-29-2005, 02:44 AM
Blinds 150/300

Button Has 3500, SB has 1500 before posting HERO IN BB has 1500 before posting and Cut-Off has 1500.

Button raises all in, SB folds, HERO has 88 in the BB. Button is a decent reasonable player. Should HERO call?

curtains
04-29-2005, 02:50 AM
Probably the button's range here dictates a theoretical call, although some factors could probably make you fold. If you know they will raise with any 2, its probably a very clear call however.

gasgod
04-29-2005, 02:57 AM
I call. If I win, I am a favorite for first. If I fold, I'm less than even money to finish higher than third. I'm guessing, but I think eastbay's program would say to call.

GG

HiatusOver
04-29-2005, 03:02 AM
I am usually on Mid-High board or MTT, so I am not familiar with EastBays program. What is it and can I get it? Trying to teach someone how to beat these and im sure this would help a ton.

gasgod
04-29-2005, 03:06 AM
http://sitngo-analyzer.com/

GG

HiatusOver
04-29-2005, 11:14 AM
Thanks Gasgod...Anyone else have an opinion on this hand or is it pretty clearly a call?

HiatusOver
04-29-2005, 08:00 PM
BUMP, just to make sure noone has any different opinions

luckyplayer
04-29-2005, 08:31 PM
Clear fold to me. Big stack would have to be pushing any 2 here, or slightly tighter, to make this profitable.

You are not a short stack, and there is no reason to call all in here with hoping to be 2-1 or a coin flip.

Scuba Chuck
04-30-2005, 01:21 AM
I fold here more often than I call. Intuitively, you can figure this out on your own. You only dominate hands lower than yours or a naked ace. So, in general, you're either dominated here, or slightly ahead. I'm pretty sure you could do some math to figure this out.

Or we can cheat, and use Eastbays tool: /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Eastbay's tool says:
T range -7.1% -$35
A range -4.4% -$21
L range 0.0% $0
M range 0.5% +$2.3

L range is 22+,A2+, KQ, KJs

As you can see, I think the numbers say it best.

ilya
04-30-2005, 01:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I fold here more often than I call. Intuitively, you can figure this out on your own. You only dominate hands lower than yours or a naked ace. So, in general, you're either dominated here, or slightly ahead. I'm pretty sure you could do some math to figure this out.

Or we can cheat, and use Eastbays tool: /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Eastbay's tool says:
T range -7.1% -$35
A range -4.4% -$21
L range 0.0% $0
M range 0.5% +$2.3

L range is 22+,A2+, KQ, KJs

As you can see, I think the numbers say it best.

[/ QUOTE ]

L range doesn't seem all that L given the situation. Depends on the button, but if he seems decent, I call. Did you do the calcs for 10K total chips or did I multiply the percentages you cite incorrectly?

Scuba Chuck
04-30-2005, 01:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
L range doesn't seem all that L given the situation. Depends on the button, but if he seems decent, I call. Did you do the calcs for 10K total chips or did I multiply the percentages you cite incorrectly?

[/ QUOTE ]

Eastbays tool assumes $55s or higher (for payout I think only) and just uses inputted stacksizes to calculate total chip count.

I find it interesting that you call here. Want to explain more?

Even the M range which is 22+, A2+, K2+, Q9+ reflects a barely positive $EV. I think it's a leak to call here.

curtains
04-30-2005, 01:58 AM
Scuba, there are plenty of players who will push with a far greater range than that which you mentioned.

ilya
04-30-2005, 01:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not exactly sure what you mean by your first sentence. L range doesn't seem all that L? Eastbays tool assumes $55s or higher (for payout I think only) and just uses inputted stacksizes to calculate total chip count.

I find it interesting that you call here. Want to explain more?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well...I don't call all the time, but I will call unless the button really hasn't been pushing much at all. Partly because I'll be getting fewer chances to steal & fewer free blinds, partly because I think a L(oose) player's range in that spot is L'er than the one Eastbay specifies. For example, I hardly think you need to be a M(aniac) to push KT-K9, KTs-K7s, QJ-QT, and QJs-98s there.

Scuba Chuck
04-30-2005, 02:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Scuba, there are plenty of players who will push with a far greater range than that which you mentioned.

[/ QUOTE ] .

I don't disagree with that statement at all (myself included). Do you put bigstack on a range that includes hands below that though? (Hmmmm, I guess in retrospect, I pulled this earlier tonite with 45o).

More to think about. Regardless, Curtains, are you advocating a call with this hand here?

curtains
04-30-2005, 03:03 AM
Depends who the button is, and some other things. The higher the buyin the more likely I'll call (as this usually means the pusher is more likely to just have any 2 here)

Apathy
04-30-2005, 03:22 AM
If the player is anyway decent they are pushing a ton here, I call this with 88 against most opponents.